& Backcountry ski-board-climb-hike entrance controls..any ? 5/8/06

Old May 16th 06, 01:54 PM

Bob Lee wrote in news:rlee-0E7F4A.18531815052006
@iruka.swcp.com:

Kurt Knisely wrote:

Bob Lee wrote:

formerly BLM Bob

Retired already?

Yep. Just recently - the fed firefighter/law enforcement retirement
system rocks.

Thinking about moving to a snowier climate or planning
on consulting?

Nope. This drought can't last forever, and I'd rather take seasonl worj
than consult right now.

Working PT is great. Ahh, it will snow again down yonder. What, two years
ago, it was well above average. A good ripper came down off "The Peaks"
that year:

http://www.sierradescents.com/photos/2005/abineau.php

Got a trip to Maui tomorrow, then I'm thinking of hitting some 14ers
north of here.

Rough life, you Gvt. retirees have. 'Folks just returned from Sedona.

Old May 16th 06, 03:40 PM

Bob Lee wrote:

Who has time for a day job?

Indeed.
Old May 16th 06, 09:53 PM

Bob Lee wrote:
Yep. Just recently - the fed firefighter/law enforcement retirement
system rocks.

Naw.... Thanks for a job well done. In the face of adversity, you
persevered. May you now move to the level whereby you are allowed to
bitch about taxes and telegrrl apparel.

-klaus

Old May 16th 06, 10:42 PM

Kurt Knisely wrote:

I stopped to ask a ski patroller at Red Mtn. one day about the BC gate. He
said "what gate"? You leave the ski area and you're on your own.

Hey wait a minute here, did you come to Red this year and not even give
me a call?

--
Dave in Spokane
Old May 16th 06, 11:38 PM

Hey wait a minute here, did you come to Red this year and not even give
me a call?

How many Red mountains are there? How many with backcountry skiing?

--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California. So are all my
other mailboxes. Please do not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited

Old May 17th 06, 12:28 AM

Oh you never fully ever leave the BLM. ;^)

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:
Okay, *that* was depressing.

It's the govt.
Like all bureaucracies.

Old May 17th 06, 12:31 AM

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:
they go out of shape. And there's still a Mt. Dana (sub-14k) visit on
the table.

Dana? Well, close to the road.

But for today, off to Maui. Who has time for a day job?

I do.

I'd ski Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa, but the best I could do on the last
big Isle trip was ice in the lake. Still a nice temp at 13K ft.

Old May 17th 06, 12:34 AM

Hey wait a minute here, did you come to Red this year and not even give
me a call?

Hey don't feel bad.
I was in Santa Fe after New Years and I didn't hear from him until after
I left. Nor John.

In article ,
Hal Murray wrote:
How many Red mountains are there? How many with backcountry skiing?

Likely a dozen or so w/o other adjectives beside Red.
Skiing is harder to say.

Old May 17th 06, 12:35 AM

In article ,
Ed Huesers wrote:
Ed, another PB brochure

Thanks, the other one with the snowcoaches/hotels looks like a
tourism industry. Lots of PBs to watch though.

Big business.

I can't even see them this next AK trip.

Old May 17th 06, 12:37 AM

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:
http://www.sierradescents.com/photos/2005/abineau.php

Nice avalanche, but not the Sierra.
Been on the top of this one in summer.

new board time? Yup Snowboarding 6 May 21st 05 07:30 PM
Board spec question and the Burton Baron Frank L Lynn Snowboarding 2 April 11th 05 05:42 PM
advice on board? Mario Snowboarding 10 January 11th 05 01:00 AM
Board flex and fast powder turns id Snowboarding 10 December 14th 04 03:08 PM
Burton Dominant Sizing------Please help Lee Snowboarding 5 November 21st 03 06:22 PM