wee, first ski day of the season!

Old November 17th 03, 08:33 PM
Sam Seiber

bdubya wrote:
Nosir, you did not mention it. Do tell, do tell. Were you still able
to straightline when you wanted to?

The figure 11's were about the only down side to the new twigs.
The ski that was mostly unweighted was a little squirly. These
things seem to want to be in some kind of a turn at all times.
OK fine, great big GS turns it is. See my reply to Walt for
other details. But remember, I have in about 3 1/2 hours on
this new stuff. I still got some learnin' to do.

Sam "So, I guess I did mention the new gear" Seiber

Old November 17th 03, 10:56 PM
Sam Seiber

Walt wrote:
So, how'd the first couple of turns go? Did you wind up overturning and
facing up the hill? Did you do a face-plant on your first turn like I
did? How long did it take to get the mojo back? Enquiring minds want
to know...

Short answer: No problems at all.
Long answer: I was quite worried that it was going to take a
while to get the hang of things. I started the day on my old gear.
I had the ski techs at Loveland get the bindings mounted. So after
about an hour and a half of turns on the old twigs, I swapped out
to the new twigs & boots. By then the surface conditions were
rather variable. Fluffy in spots, hard pack in other. The old
twigs didn't do at all well in the hard pack. After the first
run, taking things easy so to get a feel for things, I started
getting a bit more bold. I tried a few turns on the real smooth
snow (read: hard pack). As long as I didn't oversteer, it all worked
out well. Early afternoon I thought I would do a few laps with
new boots, old twigs. Well that lasted exactly one lap. The
old boards have no grip on the hard pack. So back to the
new boards. The new boards turned anywhere I wanted them to
turn. I got bold rather quickly. Things I wouldn't try on
the old boards seemed natural on the new boards.

I was warned that "ya just gotta think turn, and they will".
Well, I didn't find that to be the case. I did have to put
in some effort. But it felt the way _I_ wanted it to feel.
It felt damn nice. I became quite giddy! Making big turns,
singing out loud to the Moody Blues music I had on. Picking
out ugly spots to turn, because I could.

I was not served any face-plant parmesan. I didn't bend over
and taste the high country. I simply had a blast. This was
a day for the books. Man is my mouth sore from smiling!

Maybe I won't wait another 18 years to buy new twigs.

// The Volkl Conspiracy

What conspiracy? I was riding my new Volkl Vertigo GT's.

Sam "Time to hang up the Dynamics" Seiber

Old November 18th 03, 04:13 PM
Walt

Sam Seiber wrote:
Walt wrote:

So, how'd the first couple of turns go?

I simply had a blast. This was
a day for the books. Man is my mouth sore from smiling!

Sounds great. Wish I coulda been there.

// The Volkl Conspiracy

What conspiracy? I was riding my new Volkl Vertigo GT's.

Welcome to the conspiracy. Please continue to deny it's existence.

--
//-Walt
//

Old November 19th 03, 06:44 AM
Chester Bullock

Walt wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote:

Walt wrote:

So, how'd the first couple of turns go?

I simply had a blast. This was
a day for the books. Man is my mouth sore from smiling!

Sounds great. Wish I coulda been there.

// The Volkl Conspiracy

What conspiracy? I was riding my new Volkl Vertigo GT's.

Welcome to the conspiracy. Please continue to deny it's existence.

Existence of what?

--
Chester Bullock,
Volklk P40 F1's

Old November 19th 03, 01:18 PM
Sam Seiber

Walt wrote:
Sounds great. Wish I coulda been there.

Me too!

// The Volkl Conspiracy

What conspiracy? I was riding my new Volkl Vertigo GT's.

Welcome to the conspiracy. Please continue to deny it's existence.

I don't know what you are talking about.

Cuz I gotta brag, have a look at
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031116/pict0001.html

Sam

Old November 19th 03, 04:33 PM
Chester Bullock

Sam Seiber wrote:

Walt wrote:

Sounds great. Wish I coulda been there.

Me too!

// The Volkl Conspiracy

What conspiracy? I was riding my new Volkl Vertigo GT's.

Welcome to the conspiracy. Please continue to deny it's existence.

I don't know what you are talking about.

Cuz I gotta brag, have a look at
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031116/pict0001.html

Sam

How come the new skis aren't in the picture?

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old November 19th 03, 04:59 PM
lal_truckee

Chester Bullock wrote:

CLIP

http://www.iskico.com/loveland031116/pict0018.html

Old November 19th 03, 05:05 PM
Chester Bullock

lal_truckee wrote:

Chester Bullock wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote:

CLIP

Cuz I gotta brag, have a look at
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031116/pict0001.html

Sam

How come the new skis aren't in the picture?

http://www.iskico.com/loveland031116/pict0018.html

OK, so you you dug further into the site than I did.

Hanging my head in shame

Old November 19th 03, 06:24 PM
Walt

Sam Seiber wrote:
Walt wrote:

// The Volkl Conspiracy

What conspiracy? I was riding my new Volkl Vertigo GT's.

Welcome to the conspiracy. Please continue to deny it's existence.

I don't know what you are talking about.

That's it. mum's the word.

--
//-Walt
//