BLOWKEMO

Old December 3rd 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ron - NY

Default BLOWKEMO

maybe I'm spoiled or expect too much BUT I wanted to state my
dissatisfaction with my stay at Okemo . Stayed at the Jackson Gore Inn 2
nights ,ski & stay package. Whenever I stay anywhere else on the mountain(
ski in-ski-out ) they let me use the spa to change and shower before my
return trip home,even though I'm already checked out. But Okemo's policy is
that you can only use the spa to change up until 3, so I assume they want
you to stop skiing at around 2:30 . I don't think so, manager please. Well
yes sir I understand but you want to ski but our policy is only till 3, i'll
extend it till 4 this time only. Wow what a nice guy , great policy, nice to
see you cater to skiers needs.

Well now I'm in full gear and sweating like a pig ( aka S.A) and proceed out
front to wait for the shuttle, which never comes. Go back inside and ask
when the shuttle is coming only to be told there was no shuttle running that
day as there weren't enough skiers staying in the hotel, I guess me and my
girlfriend didn't count as guests. I asked the manager if he thought I was
standing there in all my ski gear to make a fashion statement or if maybe he
might have concluded that I was going to ski , and it would have been nice
if he told me , as he already wanted me to ski an hour and a half less by
the end of the day for the privilege of not changing in the parking lot.
Sorry sir I understand your frustration , I don't think he understood
anything except how to stand there like bobble-head and say yes sir.

And not that this is important , but the deal was for free complimentary
breakfast, but when I went down in the morning I was told the restaurant
doesn't open till next week but we have some nice stale bagels and rock-hard
Danish for you over at the bar, sweet, breakfast of champions. All of a
sudden the Grand Hotel at Mt. Snow & K-mart seem to have better
accommodations.Just my 2 cents,YMMV
Ron

Old December 4th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Stephen B.

"Ron - NY" wrote in message ...
maybe I'm spoiled or expect too much BUT I wanted to state my
dissatisfaction with my stay at Okemo . Stayed at the Jackson Gore Inn 2

SNIP
Ron

That realy sucked. I hope the rest of your winter is better. How was the
snow, I think I will be up there in 2 weeks?

--
Stephen B.

Old December 4th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Ron - NY

snow was good, conditions for this time of year were better than I expected.
If they get some snow last night it should be great, plus the Jackson Gore
section should be open tomorrow. The lifts were running super slow , don't
know why. I enjoyed the skiing, it's the management that needs some
grooming.
Ron

Old December 4th 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard

Ron - NY wrote:
maybe I'm spoiled or expect too much BUT I wanted to state my
dissatisfaction with my stay at Okemo . Stayed at the Jackson Gore Inn 2
nights ,ski & stay package. Whenever I stay anywhere else on the mountain(
ski in-ski-out ) they let me use the spa to change and shower before my
return trip home,even though I'm already checked out. But Okemo's policy is
that you can only use the spa to change up until 3, so I assume they want
you to stop skiing at around 2:30 . I don't think so, manager please. Well
yes sir I understand but you want to ski but our policy is only till 3, i'll
extend it till 4 this time only. Wow what a nice guy , great policy, nice to
see you cater to skiers needs.

Heh-heh - glad to see someone else calls it "Blowkemo" (though I
personally prefer the spelling "Blokemo").

Sorry this happened to you. You've certainly given them some nice bad
publicity here to make up for it! I had an idea for further revenge.
Are they a timeshare place? Because if they were you could write the
owners a letter saying that prior to your stay you were "strongly
considering" buying a timeshare, but after this bad experience (which
you should detail with dates and times), you wouldn't even think of it.
That'd get those frontdesk people in hot water!

Dave
Old December 4th 07, 11:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Ron - NY wrote:
[...]

Ron,
I'm a Killington guy here to tell you that you are welcome
at Killington...

However, you may experience some of the same things you
experienced at Okemo.

Did you express your displeasure with anyone other than the
droids you had these experiences with? If not would you?

Okemo generally has a GREAT reputation for customer service
and satisfaction. They would like to hear your story.

I don't know any of the feedback pipelines at Okemo, but
I'm sure you can find them on their website.
Old December 4th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
RW

On Dec 4, 7:43 am, VtSkier wrote:
Ron - NY wrote:
[...]

I'm sure you can find them on their website.- Hide quoted text -

I`ve stayed at Okemo on at least 6 occasions for 5 nights each time,
and Ron is 100% correct, the customer service there is terrible.
Stayed in Winterplace each time, terrible accommodations shabbily
built, one year we had flooding, twice we had an infestation of ants
in the room. Housekeeping is very poor and inconsistent (sometimes
they show, sometimes they don't).
Old December 4th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 4, 2:44 pm, RW wrote:
On Dec 4, 7:43 am, VtSkier wrote:

Ron - NY wrote:
[...]

I might give a place a pass for one bad episode if there were
overriding reasons to stay there, but why did you go back the third
time?
Old December 4th 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

"RW" wrote in message news:1905da17-a8ba-4ed0-a8ff-
I`ve stayed at Okemo on at least 6 occasions for 5 nights each time,
and Ron is 100% correct, the customer service there is terrible.
Stayed in Winterplace each time, terrible accommodations shabbily
built, one year we had flooding, twice we had an infestation of ants
in the room. Housekeeping is very poor and inconsistent (sometimes
they show, sometimes they don't).

How many more times till you try someplace else?

Old December 4th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
RW

On Dec 4, 6:14 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"RW" wrote in message news:1905da17-a8ba-4ed0-a8ff-
I`ve stayed at Okemo on at least 6 occasions for 5 nights each time,
and Ron is 100% correct, the customer service there is terrible.
Stayed in Winterplace each time, terrible accommodations shabbily
built, one year we had flooding, twice we had an infestation of ants
in the room. Housekeeping is very poor and inconsistent (sometimes
they show, sometimes they don't).

How many more times till you try someplace else?

Well, complicated as it is regular group trip with lots of friends
going....;
Old December 4th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

RW wrote:
(snip)

I`ve stayed at Okemo on at least 6 occasions for 5 nights each time,
and Ron is 100% correct, the customer service there is terrible.
Stayed in Winterplace each time, terrible accommodations shabbily
built, one year we had flooding, twice we had an infestation of ants
in the room. Housekeeping is very poor and inconsistent (sometimes
they show, sometimes they don't).

1) Winterplace is not associated with Okemo in any way.

2) Have you tried them lately? They have a new property
manager who seems to be on top of things.