Is it a Holiday this weekend?

Old February 23rd 06, 10:10 PM

You guys are right, most schools have this week off.

So it looks like we will skip this weekend and go skiing next weekend.

What? If you still have to work, you must ski EVERY weekend, every
holiday, and take your annual vacation in winter; else how will you get
your requisite days in?

Pretty late in the season though...so it looks like we will only be
able to ski once this year.

You ski near the equator? It's still February - season isn't even half over.
Old February 24th 06, 12:42 AM

klaus wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

wrote:

But they all say "not valid 2/18-2/26"

Why is this weekend not valid? I dont think its a holiday.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
emphasis added to help klaus

It's not a _federal_ holiday; it is school vacation week for many/most
US public schools, thus "holiday" as far as ski areas are concerned.
They're all jammin'.

Bull****. Did you think all federal offices were closed for cleaning?

What's wrong with you? Last weekend was not a federal holiday, nor is
this weekend; Monday 2/20 was. Go look at your own link.

Old February 24th 06, 01:49 AM

Mary Malmros wrote:
klaus wrote:

Bull****. Did you think all federal offices were closed for cleaning?

What's wrong with you? Last weekend was not a federal holiday, nor is
this weekend; Monday 2/20 was. Go look at your own link.

*Every* weekend is a Federal Holiday. It's the Mondays that are unusual.

--
// Walt
//

Old February 24th 06, 07:08 PM

klaus wrote:

Mary, Mary, quite contrary... I take it Christmas Holiday is just one day
as well, hence the blackouts are not due to it being a holiday..

You are right. The blackout has *nothing* to do with it being a _federal_
holiday, Sheesh.

Mary Malmros wrote:
Last weekend was not a federal holiday, nor is this weekend; Monday 2/20
was. Go look at your own link.

And you ask what's wrong with me? chuckle

I just noticed a "Happy St. Patrick's Season" balloon at the market. Will we
be expected to buy cards and gifts? I would think that since the proper way
to celebrate St. Paddy's Day is to get roaring drunk on green beer, turning it
into a whole season might end tragically. Is Hallmark a Brit company?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old February 24th 06, 09:00 PM

In article ,
klaus wrote:

And you ask what's wrong with me? chuckle

I don't know about you, but I had WAAAAAY too much LDS in the 60's.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 24th 06, 09:30 PM

Jeff Davis wrote:
klaus wrote:
And you ask what's wrong with me? chuckle

I don't know about you, but I had WAAAAAY too much LDS in the 60's.

Would that be while skiing Ootah or did you mean LSD?

Old February 25th 06, 02:11 AM

Walt wrote:
Mary Malmros wrote:

klaus wrote:

Bull****. Did you think all federal offices were closed for cleaning?

What's wrong with you? Last weekend was not a federal holiday, nor is
this weekend; Monday 2/20 was. Go look at your own link.

*Every* weekend is a Federal Holiday.

How come none of them show up on that link, then? How come the mail
gets delivered on Saturdays?

Tray again...

Old February 25th 06, 04:54 AM

Mary Malmros wrote:

Walt wrote:
Mary Malmros wrote:

klaus wrote:

Bull****. Did you think all federal offices were closed for cleaning?

What's wrong with you? Last weekend was not a federal holiday, nor
is this weekend; Monday 2/20 was. Go look at your own link.

*Every* weekend is a Federal Holiday.

How come none of them show up on that link, then? How come the mail
gets delivered on Saturdays?

Tray again...

NASA and FAA flight controllers work 365 (366 during leap years) days
per year. Does that mean there is no such thing as a federal holiday?

C.
Old February 26th 06, 06:12 PM

In article FVPLf.1215$%a2.578@trndny05,
Mary Malmros wrote:

Tray again...

C'mon... You can type better than that.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 26th 06, 06:16 PM

In article ,
CParker wrote:

NASA and FAA flight controllers work 365 (366 during leap years) days
per year. Does that mean there is no such thing as a federal holiday?

I had a rocked scientist girlfriend who worked for NASA. It seemed to me
she took a holiday pretty much whenever she wanted. Is that what you mean?
And the budget thing. She had to spend her entire budget, or else she
couldn't get allocated enough budget to operate the following year. Instead
of rewarding frugality, NASA punishes it.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."