Beer

Old November 28th 03, 12:46 PM
Ace

Default Beer

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:31:46 +0000, Steve Haigh
wrote:

If you are prepared to accept expensive beer then I would recommend Val
d'Isere or St Anton for the pubs and bars as well as fantastic skiing.

Shudder Don't know St. Anton, but the pubs are one of the main
reasons to avoid Val, IMO. Of course, you do get some great ski club
reps there which might make up for it ;-)

--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)
Old November 28th 03, 03:29 PM
Steve Haigh

wrote:

If you are prepared to accept expensive beer then I would recommend Val
d'Isere or St Anton for the pubs and bars as well as fantastic skiing.

Shudder Don't know St. Anton, but the pubs are one of the main
reasons to avoid Val, IMO. Of course, you do get some great ski club
reps there which might make up for it ;-)

Ah, I didn't say they were any good:-) Just that there are lots of them
and a lot of happy hour deals around the place too. I'd have to agree
with you though most of them not my cup of tea (or beer), I once found a
decent pub in Val d'Isere that wasn't jammed full of *#$@s, but that has
since closed down.

St Anton is more pleasant than Val from the pubs and clubs perspective,
but that ain't saying much. I've spent many a pleasant evening in the
Platzl for instance, but if you want the Val d'Isere experience it is
easy to find in St Anton too.

Buying gear in US Plake Snowboarding 55 October 28th 04 03:06 PM
which mountain to move to? Mike M. Miskulin Snowboarding 10 January 29th 04 10:55 PM