Low cost long weekend.

Old March 2nd 05, 10:36 PM
Neil Swingler

Paul Healy wrote:
I've done Davos Switzerland for weekends before and it worked well. Fly into
Zurich (1.5 hours) and train transfer from Zurich Airport to Zurich HB,
Zurich HB to Landquart, and Landquart to Davos Platz took 2 hours 40 mins
(allow 3 hours). Ski Jacobshorn side as you get off the train and find
accommodation at numerous hotels/ B & B. I like Club Hotel Davos 3* Half
board hotel http://www.clubhotel.ch/ . The owners are friendly and don't rip
you off. Even telephone calls from your hotel room were cheap!
Not sure whether Easy Jet go to Zurich from Liverpool though.
Paul

EasyJet don't go to Zurich from anywhere anymore :-( Try Basel instead.

--
Neil Swingler
Old March 3rd 05, 06:57 PM
Adrian Tupper

"Iain Miller" wrote in
news
I'm looking to organise a long skiing weekend for some friends and
myself in late Jan, early Feb next year. We all usually go skiing
with our families and we've had the idea of going on a "gentleman's
weekend" without the family (so not using up too much valuable
holiday).

My initial thought is that we could shoot off to Liverpool airport
after work on Thursday (maybe Wednesday) and catch an EasyJet to
Geneva, then maybe hire a car (depending on numbers) to somewhere
close like Morzine. Four (or five) days skiing, then head back
Monday night - using up only 2 (or 3) days annual leave.

Has anyone got any advice / suggestions / experience of this sorth of
thing?

Done this the last 3 years - 7-9 of us to Austria. We fly on Friday
night to either Zurich or Munich, hire cars, stay in cheap pre-booked
hotel en-route to resort, get up early & get to resort by 8 on
Saturday, Ski for 5 days solid, fly home weds night. Part of the fun
of it is seeing how cheaply we can do it. This year it was a shade
over £200 each for flight, hire cars, 1st night hotel & 4 nights in
resort (!)

I.

So you slept in the hire car?
Old March 3rd 05, 07:01 PM
Adrian Tupper

Neil Swingler wrote in
:

Paul Healy wrote:
I've done Davos Switzerland for weekends before and it worked well.
Fly into Zurich (1.5 hours) and train transfer from Zurich Airport to
Zurich HB, Zurich HB to Landquart, and Landquart to Davos Platz took
2 hours 40 mins (allow 3 hours). Ski Jacobshorn side as you get off
the train and find accommodation at numerous hotels/ B & B. I like
Club Hotel Davos 3* Half board hotel http://www.clubhotel.ch/ . The
owners are friendly and don't rip you off. Even telephone calls from
your hotel room were cheap! Not sure whether Easy Jet go to Zurich
from Liverpool though. Paul

EasyJet don't go to Zurich from anywhere anymore :-( Try Basel
instead.

--
Neil Swingler

We're flying to Hahn (Ryanair's Frankfurt) in 3 weeks time and heading
to Feldberg. Another couple of hours gets us to the likes of Engelberg
if perchance there is no snow.

Why Hahn? Well, starting from Scotland choices are limited. But we
picked up flights for Easter weekend at £248 for all 6 of us! Another
£150 or so for car hire and I'd call that a cheap bit of transport.

--
Adrian