Mpeg Races Otepaa

Old January 9th 05, 08:06 PM
Janne G

Default Mpeg Races Otepaa

Missed the womens race myself so we have to get along with a short clip
of it instead. The Sunday sprints got cancelled due to a storm that
blowed the roof of houses in Sweden at least and then moved over to the
Baltic countrys.

World Cup 2005 XC-skiing Otepae in 500kbit quality and
Xvid encoding, with audio in 64kbit mono mp3, English.

ftp://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub2/Otepaa-05/
http://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub2/Otepaa-05/

Otepaa15kMen1.avi Mens race
Otepaa15kMen2.avi Mens race
Otepaa15kMen3.avi Mens race
Otepaa15kMen4.avi Mens race
Otepaa10kShortWom.avi Womens race
Old January 9th 05, 08:11 PM
Janne G

Janne G wrote:
Missed the womens race myself so we have to get along with a short clip
of it instead. The Sunday sprints got cancelled due to a storm that
blowed the roof of houses in Sweden at least and then moved over to the
Baltic countrys.

World Cup 2005 XC-skiing Otepae in 500kbit quality and
Xvid encoding, with audio in 64kbit mono mp3, English.

ftp://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub2/Otepaa-05/
http://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub2/Otepaa-05/

Otepaa15kMen1.avi Mens race
Otepaa15kMen2.avi Mens race
Otepaa15kMen3.avi Mens race
Otepaa15kMen4.avi Mens race
Otepaa10kShortWom.avi Womens race

Take a look at Mathias skiis, i have it from a well initated source that
say that they are from around -94, Veerpalu -99, Estil -96.
So much for the new equipment == faster theory.....

Some reflections on the subject?

Janne G
Old January 10th 05, 01:52 AM
Mitch Collinsworth

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Janne G wrote:

Take a look at Mathias skiis, i have it from a well initated source that
say that they are from around -94, Veerpalu -99, Estil -96.
So much for the new equipment == faster theory.....

Some reflections on the subject?

Well... I feel much better now. ALL my equipment is from about
90 to 96. :-) I did just get a new pair of Yoko gloves though.

-Mitch

Old January 10th 05, 07:47 AM
Anders

Janne G wrote:

Take a look at Mathias skiis, i have it from a well initated source

that
say that they are from around -94, Veerpalu -99, Estil -96.
So much for the new equipment =3D=3D faster theory.....
Some reflections on the subject?

They don=B4t make skis like they used to anymor?:-)

But, seriously, what struck me was that Fischer skiers made a clean
sweep of it: all six guys in the victory ceremony brandished those ugly
yellow skis!

I=B4m absolutely no expert on this subject (either), but I think this
must be something for the record books!

Anders

Old January 10th 05, 10:15 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

After the finish, you can see Verpalu's skis have the red RCS lettering
from the late 90s -- and he's holding them up to the camera. Don't know
if it's related, but the flex on those was somewhat more traditional
(vs. the 812s or whatever # they are) and Oteepa is a hilly course.

GG

Old January 11th 05, 02:16 PM
dardruba

I missed all the races.
That same wind took off half my brick chimney and the TV aerial with
it.
Mike

Old January 12th 05, 06:08 AM
Janne G

The pursuite

ld Biathlon Cup 2005 XC-Biathlon in Oberhof ~500kbit and
Xvid encoding, with audio in 64kbit mono mp3, English commentators.

ftp://avari181.mt.luth.se/pub1/Biathlon/Oberhof-05/
http://avari181.mt.luth.se/Biathlon/Oberhof-05/

BiathlonOberhofRelayWom1.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofRelayWom2.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofRelayWom3.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofSprintMen1.avi Mens race
BiathlonOberhofSprintMen2.avi Mens race
BiathlonOberhofSprintMen3.avi Mens race
BiathlonOberhofSprintMen4.avi Mens race
BiathlonOberhofSprintWom1.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofSprintWom2.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofSprintWom3.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofSprintWom4.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofPursuiteWom0.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofPursuiteWom1.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofPursuiteWom2.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofPursuiteWom3.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofPursuiteWom4.avi Womens race
BiathlonOberhofPursuiteMen1.avi Mens race
BiathlonOberhofPursuiteMen2.avi Mens race
Old January 12th 05, 08:13 AM
Anders

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
After the finish, you can see Verpalu's skis have the red RCS

lettering
from the late 90s -- and he's holding them up to the camera. Don't

know
if it's related, but the flex on those was somewhat more traditional
(vs. the 812s or whatever # they are) and Oteepa is a hilly course.

I think you are onto something - when did Fischer launch the
"revolutionary wax pocket innovation"?

But I think the very special conditions had as much to do with the very
soft track conditions on manmade snow, but it=B4s true one needed a ski
that was skiable uphill and fast on the ensuing downhill. (OK, that is
not greatly unlike a decription for what one needs in *any* race, but
in Otep=E4=E4 the decription fit perhaps better than ever...)

OTOH (and FWIW) although Marit Bj=F8rgen won on Fischers, Kristina
Smigun appeared to suffer. It could she had chosen a later vintage,
though.

Anders