Park City Lift Tickets

Old November 7th 03, 12:23 AM
Richard and Barbara

Default Park City Lift Tickets

Does anyone know of places to buy discounted lift tickets for Park City
Mountain Resort?

Thanks

Richard

Old November 7th 03, 01:54 AM
Walt

Richard and Barbara wrote:

Does anyone know of places to buy discounted lift tickets for Park City
Mountain Resort?

Try the ski rental kiosk at the airport next to where you pick up your
luggage. They usually have as good a deal as anywhere else and you
can't beat the convenience if you're flying in.

Note that last year they sold so many discounted tickets to PC that PC
cut them off (along with all the other discounts). Not sure about
this year.

-Walt

Old November 7th 03, 01:40 PM
pigo

"Walt" wrote in message
Richard and Barbara wrote:

Does anyone know of places to buy discounted lift tickets for Park

City
Mountain Resort?

Try the ski rental kiosk at the airport next to where you pick up your
luggage. They usually have as good a deal as anywhere else and you
can't beat the convenience if you're flying in.

Note that last year they sold so many discounted tickets to PC that PC
cut them off (along with all the other discounts). Not sure about
this year.

I wouldn't buy them in advance (maybe one or two). If you're staying in
pc, when you try Deer Valley I doubt you'll go back to pc. There are
also shuttles that will take you to other area ski areas, shuttle and
lift ticket for about the same price as pc's overpriced lift ticket.

When you get off of the freeway at the pc exit there is a Smiths. In the
past they have had some discount lift tickets.

pigo

Old November 7th 03, 02:06 PM
Walt

pigo wrote:

"Walt" wrote in message

I wouldn't buy them in advance (maybe one or two). If you're staying in
pc, when you try Deer Valley I doubt you'll go back to pc. There are
also shuttles that will take you to other area ski areas, shuttle and
lift ticket for about the same price as pc's overpriced lift ticket.

When you get off of the freeway at the pc exit there is a Smiths. In the
past they have had some discount lift tickets.

Smith's is the grocery store chain and they have discount lift tickets
available at the customer service window. Likewise, the Gart Sports
chain sells discount lift tickets. Smith's/Gart/the airport all seem to
have the same deals, or were within a dollar or two, so pick the one
that's most convienent. There are other places as well.

The deals seemed to vary from twenty bucks off at PCMR to a dollar off
at Alta, but they were pretty consistent across the board. Last year
the woman at the airport kiosk told me that PCMR had pulled their
discount program because it was outselling their ticket window. And
AFAIK, DV has never offered discounts.

--
//-Walt
//
Old November 7th 03, 03:22 PM
pigo

"Walt" wrote in message

The deals seemed to vary from twenty bucks off at PCMR to a dollar off
at Alta, but they were pretty consistent across the board. Last year
the woman at the airport kiosk told me that PCMR had pulled their
discount program because it was outselling their ticket window. And
AFAIK, DV has never offered discounts.

Wrong.

Smiths sold DV discounts at one time. I don't know whether of not they
still do. If I paid $65 (or whatever it is) at pc, DV would be worth
$80.

Twenty off at pc is still more than Alta isn't it? I used to drive the
van over for day skiing. Transportation and lift ticket was still less
than pc. It was an adventure for them as well. Many didn't ski another
day at pc. At the time DV was much smaller and didn't offer the
obviously more difficult terrain that it does now and in lower snow
years, especially, the canyons (LCC and BCC) offered better skiing.

I ski DV now for about $40/day. But that's coupons for residents.

pigo

Old November 7th 03, 05:04 PM
BoftheW

In article , pigo says...

Snip (worthless slanted opinion)

pigo

The OP didn't ask for your opinon. They simply asked about cheap tickets to
PCMR, which everyone but you answered objectively. I've come to realize that ALL
your post are either a) slanted in a VERY conservative political mmaner or b)
slanted in a very negative Park City manner (PC happens to be the most liberal
outpost in an insanely conservative state). Therefore Usenet readers should know
that Pigo (AKA Bob Thompson) can not be trusted for an objective answer.

BackoftheWasatch

Old November 7th 03, 05:39 PM
pigo

"BoftheW" wrote in message
In article , pigo says...

Snip (worthless slanted opinion)

pigo

The OP didn't ask for your opinon. They simply asked about cheap

tickets to
PCMR, which everyone but you answered objectively. I've come to

realize that ALL
your post are either a) slanted in a VERY conservative political

mmaner or b)
slanted in a very negative Park City manner (PC happens to be the most

liberal
outpost in an insanely conservative state). Therefore Usenet readers

should know
that Pigo (AKA Bob Thompson) can not be trusted for an objective

answer.

What the **** are you talking about! Are you snotty? You sure sound like
him a lot of times.

Obviously you snip because you're reply doesn't hold up to my post. It's
becoming your trademark.

It's a pretty common theme of Utah ski tourism that there are plenty of
different areas to visit during ones vacation. It's also true that I
drove the shuttles and had customers for a whole week once they tried
it. It's also commonly accepted that DV is vastly superior for the
minimal extra charge. And that's without the snowboard free factor.

Why don't you re-post a reply to my post and point out the issues you
find false and untrustworthy. Maybe some other posters here with some
experience and an opinion can chime in. I'm pretty sure that my advice
to those folks will be considered sound. While your at it; since you
feel comfortable posting my name to usenet, why don't you post yours
just for fun. We've come to expect that from trunky and "friends" but
the rest of us respect the use of psuedonyms by others.

Old November 7th 03, 06:22 PM
Richard Henry

"pigo" wrote in message

It's a pretty common theme of Utah ski tourism that there are plenty of
different areas to visit during ones vacation. It's also true that I
drove the shuttles and had customers for a whole week once they tried
it. It's also commonly accepted that DV is vastly superior for the
minimal extra charge. And that's without the snowboard free factor.

My experience with DV was that the extra cost was made up for by the
flawless grooming (where needed) and the lack of liftlines. Did anyone
mention the food? It cost about the same as regular ski area prices, but
was actually worth it.

Old November 7th 03, 06:40 PM
Chuck

BoftheW wrote in
:

conservative political mmaner or b) slanted in a very negative Park
City manner (PC happens to be the most liberal outpost in an insanely
conservative state).

Thanks for the warning. If I ever get to Utah for skiing (probably will in
2005/6) I'll be sure to avoid Park City. I wouldn't want to support a
"liberal" ski area.

Hey Pigo, does DV offer much in the way of intermediate terrain? I expect
my wife will be ready for any of the intermediates by that time.
--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email
Old November 7th 03, 06:56 PM
lal_truckee

Richard Henry wrote:

My experience with DV was that the extra cost was made up for by the
flawless grooming (where needed)

Grooming? Grooming factors into ski area quality? Way funny!