coloardo snow reports lie

Old December 18th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default coloardo snow reports lie

Owned a condo in Summit County, CO last year, and was always amuzing to
read the morning's snow report. Seems to me that the resorts double
what they actually get. Creative accounting I guess.

Can't be surprising, considering the resorts report their own snow.
Wish we could get a 3rd party to do this.

Anyone know of a site that reports accurately?

thanks.

chris

Old December 19th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

The only liars on the planet who lie more than snow reports are the regulars
of rsa.
What are the four biggest lies?
I'm from the government, I'm here to help you.
I won't come in your mouth.
The check is in the mail.
"Hey, c'mon up, we've got 18 inches of powder on an eight foot base!"

Let's make it five:
Ok, Buddha, I will meet you on mountain at the agreed time and place.

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com
ps.com...

Old December 19th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Chester Bulloch used to post a "somewhat daily snow report" when he
worked at Copper Mtn, but that was several years ago. Sometimes he
agreed with the official inches, but he was usually lower. I think all
sites put the measuring stick in the ground at a 45 degree angle so
they can honestly report what they read, even if it is way off from
reality.

H. R. Hofmann

Old December 19th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Wish we could get a 3rd party to do this.

That's an awesome idea. For now, I am my own 3rd party, I take a square
root from the number they report. It seems to be a fairly accurate
solution.

Cheers,

Ira

==========================
Random .ba Link
http://cs.fit.ba/forums/thread/18239.aspx
==========================

Old December 19th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MichaelJP

"c" wrote in message
ps.com...
Owned a condo in Summit County, CO last year, and was always amuzing to
read the morning's snow report. Seems to me that the resorts double
what they actually get. Creative accounting I guess.

Can't be surprising, considering the resorts report their own snow.
Wish we could get a 3rd party to do this.

Anyone know of a site that reports accurately?

thanks.

chris

I'd certainly like to know a source of unbiased reports for Europe.

All the websites seem to use reports from either the ski resort itself, or
condo and chalet owners who want to rent out. Basically all the reports are
from people who have a vested interest in getting you to go out there.

Old December 19th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

MichaelJP wrote:
"c" wrote in message
ps.com...
Owned a condo in Summit County, CO last year, and was always amuzing to
read the morning's snow report. Seems to me that the resorts double
what they actually get. Creative accounting I guess.

Can't be surprising, considering the resorts report their own snow.
Wish we could get a 3rd party to do this.

Anyone know of a site that reports accurately?

thanks.

chris

I'd certainly like to know a source of unbiased reports for Europe.

All the websites seem to use reports from either the ski resort itself, or
condo and chalet owners who want to rent out. Basically all the reports are
from people who have a vested interest in getting you to go out there.

I have a great idea. Let's get a class action lawsuit together and sue
the ski resorts in USA for negligence. We can claim we needed soft snow
due to bad knee or something ... and were blatantly lied to.

Not sure how to fix the Europe problem.

chris

Old December 19th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

c wrote:
I have a great idea. Let's get a class action lawsuit together and sue
the ski resorts in USA for negligence. We can claim we needed soft snow
due to bad knee or something ... and were blatantly lied to.

No!

That will just cause lift rates to go even higher.

But yes, I agree. The snow here in CO is just horrible. You'd be
better off staying home than coming to ski anywhere in CO. The snow is
just bad. It's all hard, white and slippery. Ew!
--
Marty

Old December 19th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Marty wrote:

The snow here in CO is just horrible. You'd be
better off staying home than coming to ski anywhere in CO. The snow is
just bad. It's all hard, white and slippery. Ew!

Except for Vail. The snow is always the best at Vail.

Everyone should go to Colorado and ski at Vail this Christmas.
Especially anybody who might be thinking of skiing the Poconos over Xmas
week - you will be much much happier if you go to Vail. Seriously.

//Walt
Old December 19th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

c wrote:

MichaelJP wrote:
"c" wrote:

[...]

They all hate us anyhow. Let's drop the big one now.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old December 19th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique

On Dec 19, 5:51 pm, The Real Bev wrote:
They all hate us anyhow. Let's drop the big one now.

Bush could really cement his position in history if he would invade
Central America. We could use that as a launching pad for all of South
America too - starting with Venezuela. Good-bye oil problem!
JP
Bring Back Manifest Destiny!