Test

Old November 9th 04, 11:21 PM
Mary Malmros

Sam Seiber wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote:

Sam "What does Ullr want?" Seiber

I thought we established the relatedness of snow and cheese and beer,
right? So what Ullr wants must somehow be related to beer and cheese,
right?

My theory: sacrifice a beer -- a good one, none of the skunky cheap
stuff -- and a bit of really nice cheese, and Ullr will reward you.
Hence, tonight Ullr gets a 22 oz. Steel Rail Pale Ale and a nice chunk
of Cabot Private Stock.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Well, I am looking at the Loveland web cam right now. My world is
gaining some white. So, if I go out tonite for a few beers, will
be screwing things up?

No, just make a libation. NOT after you drink it.

Old November 10th 04, 03:04 PM
Chuck

Sam Seiber wrote in
:

klaus wrote:

Testing 1.2.3

-k

,

Testing, via my reply. To keep things on topic, There is
a little bit of snow heading Colorado way.

Sam "What does Ullr want?" Seiber

So tell me, does Ullr accept libations of wine or just beer? Cheese goes so
much better with wine than beer.

Old November 11th 04, 02:23 AM
Mary Malmros

Chuck wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote in
:

klaus wrote:

Testing 1.2.3

-k

,

Testing, via my reply. To keep things on topic, There is
a little bit of snow heading Colorado way.

Sam "What does Ullr want?" Seiber

So tell me, does Ullr accept libations of wine or just beer? Cheese goes so
much better with wine than beer.

I started to say, "Why the hell not?" but then I thought I'd do a little
websearch. A whole lot of ski areas, clubs, etc. have a tradition of
sacrificing old skis in a bonfire at about this time of year to ask Ullr
to bring snow. At Big Mountain they claim that it's never failed to
work
(http://www.firsttracksonline.com/new...959940606.shtm),
and at Breckenridge they're arrogant enough to claim that Ullr actually
lives there (http://www.thealtitudenews.com/UllrFest.html). Sometime
when I've got my big bro on the phone, I'll ask him for the _true_
history of the Breckenridge Ullrfest -- he lived there when it was a
real ski area. But I don't find references to people sacrificing
something sensible, like some nice beer or wine and cheese. That makes
no sense to me -- I mean, if you sacrifice some ol' crap that you don't
even want anymore, why should Ullr send you snow? But anyway, Ullr is a
skier and hunter, so think about what a skier/hunter would like, and
give Ullr some of that, and I figure you can't go wrong.

Old November 12th 04, 01:38 AM
snoig

On 2004-11-09, penned:
In article , klaus
writes:
Testing 1.2.3

Is it snowing yet ?

It snowed on Halloween here (Longmont, CO). A-Basin has been open a few
weeks, but I haven't been able to check it out yet.

--
monique

Don't feel like you should have gone to the Basin. Unless you like long
lines. With Breck & Keystone getting on the air this Friday, A-Basin
might have near normal lines (say just a few minutes). If you have
read some of the other posts, Until the Vail Resort bigs get open
life is pretty ugly at the Basin. I have pictures from the begining
of last year, as well as last Sunday proving the lines are less than
nice.

Need proof? see:
From last Sunday:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland041107/Img100.html
About the same time last year:
http://www.iskico.com/loveland031109/Img018.html

Sam "Been enjoying Loveland" Seiber

Just got back from the Basin, snow was pretty good but by 10, the
lines were even longer than your picture. Looks like they were
warming up the Lenawee chair and they had plenty of snow up there that
just needed to be groomed out. They should be open from the top
tomorrow and have a bit more terrian. We managed to get in about 5
runs before we decided to head for home. By that time, the lower lot
was full and the upper lot was almost full.

It should be much better tomorrow since both Keystone and Breck are
opening. It looks like Breck could have three lifts open but only one
or two runs. Our plan is to hike Peak 10 since there should be enough
snow up there if you know where to find it.

snoig

Old November 12th 04, 01:16 PM
snoig

Mary Malmros wrote in message ...
Chuck wrote:

Sam Seiber wrote in
:

klaus wrote:

Testing 1.2.3

-k

,

[...]

Actually, the tradition was to burn old xmas trees. It's when people
started throwing on old skis, couches and other junk that things got
out of hand and they stopped the bonfire. Rumor has it that one year
some guy got so drunk that he passed out in the parking lot by the
fire with his face in a puddle. When he woke up the next morning, his
head was frozen to the ground.

These days, the parade is fun but it's not the drunken free for all
that it used to be. They also took away the St Paddy's day pub crawl
and converted Shamus' into a community theater. Guess they are
forcing all the alcholics out of town.

snoig

Old November 13th 04, 02:37 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Testing.

obSki: Got new ones this year (Volkl Karmas)

Mike...

--
Littleton, Colorado (reply to msaemisch at yahoo dot com)
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us

Old November 13th 04, 06:28 PM
The Real Bev

"Let Mikey Ski It!" wrote:

Testing.

obSki: Got new ones this year (Volkl Karmas)

Does that mean that there IS a Volkl Conspiracy?

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old November 15th 04, 06:47 PM
Sam Seiber

The Real Bev wrote:
obSki: Got new ones this year (Volkl Karmas)

Does that mean that there IS a Volkl Conspiracy?
Bev

It does NOT! Understand now?

Sam "I listen to Walt" Seiber

Old November 15th 04, 08:07 PM
The Real Bev

Sam Seiber wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
obSki: Got new ones this year (Volkl Karmas)

Does that mean that there IS a Volkl Conspiracy?
Bev

It does NOT! Understand now?

Sam "I listen to Walt" Seiber

Uh, never mind, I was thinking of something else.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old November 19th 04, 01:48 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Kurt Knisely wrote:

Schnazzy twin-tips, Mikey. Gonna be skiing in the trauma park?
http://www.volkl.com/ski/karma.shtml

I was having trouble landing switch off the cornices. These should help.

Mike... 8J