Beitostølen: Bjørgen is Back!

Old November 24th 07, 09:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen

Default Beitostølen: Bjørgen is Back!

Marit B had a relatively bad season last year (just a few World Cup
victories etc), but last weekend she won all three races in the
Norwegian season opener at Beitostølen.

Today we've just had the first distance race of the season, and Marit
won her first ever 10 K skate race, more than 20 seconds before Vibeke
Skofterud.

Terje
--
-
Old November 24th 07, 10:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
cpella

She also won last year's Beitostolen by a wide margin. The big
question is whether she can sustain that form... supposedly she has
gone back to using more intensity blocks. I wonder if that will
contribute to early peaking and a tailing off after a few months. My
money would still be on Virpi for the distance crown.

Chris
Old November 25th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
xc_michal

On Nov 24, 9:56 pm, Terje Mathisen
wrote:
Marit B had a relatively bad season last year (just a few World Cup
victories etc), but last weekend she won all three races in the
Norwegian season opener at Beitostølen.

Today we've just had the first distance race of the season, and Marit
won her first ever 10 K skate race, more than 20 seconds before Vibeke
Skofterud.

Terje
--
-

In past Katerina Neumanova was almost unbeateable in this event before
her retirement.
Michal
Old November 26th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

No Virpi Kuitunen either. She sick? I wonder if the women are in a bit
of a hiatus between generations right now right now, with Neumanova,
Scott and Tchepalova gone. Other than Bjoergen and Kuitunen, assuming
the first holds up and the latter is in good shape this year, there
doesn't seem anyone else who'll be challenging for the top two spots.

rm

wrote:
Marit B had a relatively bad season last year (just a few World Cup
victories etc), but last weekend she won all three races in the
Norwegian season opener at Beitostølen.

Today we've just had the first distance race of the season, and Marit
won her first ever 10 K skate race, more than 20 seconds before
Vibeke Skofterud.

Terje
--
-

In past Katerina Neumanova was almost unbeateable in this event before
her retirement.
Michal

Back from the 3V Pip Luscher European Ski Resorts 3 February 12th 07 08:50 AM
Back ... lal_truckee Alpine Skiing (moderated) 7 September 11th 06 12:50 PM
I'm back :) Lisa Horton Alpine Skiing 12 September 13th 05 06:55 AM
Back lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 3 April 14th 05 09:11 PM
Why no posts about Beitostølen? Terje Mathisen Nordic Skiing 12 November 28th 03 12:47 PM