A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Alpine Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Mammoth backs down on powder day policy

Old August 8th 13, 11:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry
external usenet poster

Default Mammoth backs down on powder day policy

Last year Mammoth announced a new policy on gondola rides on powder days, eliminating top-to-bottom rides and requiring bottom-to-mid riders to get out and get in the mid-station line for the upper gondola. Recently released announcement -

Our Mountain Operations team is constantly looking for new ways to improve safety on the mountain and enhance the quality of your overall experience. We pay close attention to guest feedback and adjust our procedures after thoroughly evaluating options and best practice.
For years we’ve been fielding complaints about our gondola loading procedure on powder days. The most frequent complaints included: the inefficiency of partially loading cabins, increased congestion at McCoy Station, and the inherent unfairness of “gondola roulette” (cheating the line at McCoy by bombing down to the bottom).
In an attempt to address these issues, we developed a new loading procedure that included unlinking the upper and lower Panorama Gondola. The new procedure solved these problems, but at the expense of the top-to-bottom/bottom-to-top powder experience that many of our guests have grown to love over the years.
We listened.
We will continue to improve our powder day procedures in other ways. As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Greg Dallas
Senior Vice President
Mountain Operations
Ads
Old August 8th 13, 11:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 8, 2013 4:27:08 PM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:
On Thursday, August 8, 2013 4:02:11 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:

Last year Mammoth announced a new policy on gondola rides on powder days, eliminating top-to-bottom rides and requiring bottom-to-mid riders to get out and get in the mid-station line for the upper gondola. Recently released announcement -

Our Mountain Operations team is constantly looking for new ways to improve safety on the mountain and enhance the quality of your overall experience. We pay close attention to guest feedback and adjust our procedures after thoroughly evaluating options and best practice.

For years we’ve been fielding complaints about our gondola loading procedure on powder days. The most frequent complaints included: the inefficiency of partially loading cabins, increased congestion at McCoy Station, and the inherent unfairness of “gondola roulette” (cheating the line at McCoy by bombing down to the bottom).

In an attempt to address these issues, we developed a new loading procedure that included unlinking the upper and lower Panorama Gondola. The new procedure solved these problems, but at the expense of the top-to-bottom/bottom-to-top powder experience that many of our guests have grown to love over the years.

We listened.

We will continue to improve our powder day procedures in other ways. As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Greg Dallas

Senior Vice President

Mountain Operations

Hey, Dickless? As long as you are reposting emails, how about sharing the FORM EMAIL?

That would be a lot more amusing than bull**** about Mammoth.

Should I make something up just to satisfy your fantasy?
Old August 9th 13, 12:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 8, 2013 5:16:30 PM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:
On Thursday, August 8, 2013 4:44:38 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:

We listened.

We will continue to improve our powder day procedures in other ways.. As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Greg Dallas

Senior Vice President

Mountain Operations

Hey, Dickless? As long as you are reposting emails, how about sharing the FORM EMAIL?

Nah. No point in lying, you enjoy it too much. The original will be hilarious enough. Just the mere thought makes me giggle. How embarassing for ya.

Hey, I got an idea. Since you are the moderator of rsa.m, how about you post it there?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAB WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABW AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am the moderator of RSAM? Let me chalk up another one on the count of your fantasies.

Old August 9th 13, 01:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 8, 2013 5:44:14 PM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:
On Thursday, August 8, 2013 5:18:07 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:

On Thursday, August 8, 2013 5:16:30 PM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:

On Thursday, August 8, 2013 4:44:38 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:

We listened.

Greg Dallas

Senior Vice President

Mountain Operations

Nah. No point in lying, you enjoy it too much. The original will be hilarious enough. Just the mere thought makes me giggle. How embarassing for ya.

Hey, I got an idea. Since you are the moderator of rsa.m, how about you post it there?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAB WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABW AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I am the moderator of RSAM? Let me chalk up another one on the count of your fantasies.

Gotta be you. That bull**** about posting to rsa.terrorist being illegal has your technique smeared all over it like Bob Thompson smearing on the rash cream after he **** his pants reading I'd be spending more time in PC.

Of course, your fellow psychopath James Arthur Strohm could have been playing a really sick game, but my money is on you. And you are a laughable failure at that, too.

Tell ya what. ID the moderator. Why hide? Understandable that someone who is such a ****up he can't make it work would want to stay anonymous, but still..........

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAB WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABW AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA

More fantasies. You have as good an idea who he moderator is as I do. I can't even get most of my own messages posted there for various technical reasons, and the reasons for it seem to change over time. I believe there have been various threads on that topic in RSA recent;y. The fact that you don't seem to know that strengthens my opinion that you don't bother to read what you are responding to.

As for it being illegal for you to post there, I have no idea what you mean.. You demonstrated early on in RSAM's existence that you could post a message there if it stayed within the moderation guidelines.