Trollspotting

Old June 25th 04, 08:01 PM
Jim Strohm

Default Trollspotting

This URL hit my inbox this morning, and I thought it was important
enough to share here.

http://esoterica.bichaunt.org/

The page is titled "Trollspotting." Its content should be obvious from
the title. It is minimally work-safe -- no improper graphics or words,
but some very unconventional and compelling ideas.

I know exactly what's going to happen after I post this -- so please
visit that site before you read any replies to this post. You'll
understand later.

I'm going to approach the author of the RSA Mini-FAQ to see whether they
think this link would be relevant to add there, even though it's not
ski-related.

This link isn't relevant to RSAM or RS-announce, so I'm not going to
post it there. If it makes its way to RS-announce in a well-crafted
post, I may approve it despite its non-skiing content.

Jim in Texas
Old June 26th 04, 03:54 PM
Sue

In message , Jim Strohm
writes
This URL hit my inbox this morning, and I thought it was important
enough to share here.

http://esoterica.bichaunt.org/

A religious website, looks like the YMPA one but without the rippling
bodies, offering a BOOK-LENGTH discourse on...
....social problems in religious cult cells.

Well, it's raining out, so it's this or the housework.
[later]
There's some useful information and sensible advice in the book, but
it's specifically for owners of small groups who can choose and control
their members. I'd question its relevance to public newsgroups which
are open to everyone and aren't controlled by anyone.

It's definition of a troll is different from the ones mostly accepted on
Usenet (I wouldn't qualify - hah!) but the people making up its groups
would be different from the ones you find on Usenet. I wonder what
proportion of typical Usenet posters would be ejected from its cells as
disruptive? Half? Most?

Its advice for leaders dealing with a person they want to expel is to
use the "stuck record" technique - in this group that's only achieved
ever longer and more repetitive threads with both sides repeating
themselves ad nauseam!

Sorry, I don't think this will help here.

--
Sue ]
Old June 27th 04, 07:16 PM
Sue

In message , Olaf
Timandahaff writes

I too would dearly love to see some new material from the Big Guy, he
is capable of so much better.
Posting as boBalo0boB might be a good start.

Posting about skiing would be an even better one.

--
Sue ]|(
Old June 28th 04, 01:47 AM
vern93

In article ,
Olaf Timandahaff wrote:

If I post about skiing, they defame me.
Why bother?

Hey, now! when you posted that article about K2 lots of people said it
was bang on.

Are you referring to his famous "on topic" post of 2000?
Old June 28th 04, 02:30 AM
pigo

"vern93" wrote in message
In article ,
Olaf Timandahaff wrote:

If I post about skiing, they defame me.
Why bother?

Hey, now! when you posted that article about K2 lots of people said it
was bang on.

Are you referring to his famous "on topic" post of 2000?

But there's video evidence and eyewitness accounts (including my own) that
he can't ski. So what good is it for him to repeat some **** he read
somewhere?

Old June 28th 04, 03:06 AM
AstroPax

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:30:37 -0600, "pigo"
wrote:

But there's video evidence and eyewitness accounts (including my own) that
he can't ski. So what good is it for him to repeat some **** he read
somewhere?

I heard that he wallows around, just like a big fat hog in the mud, in
anything over 2 inches deep...and that he just about suffocated one
day, when he tried to ski at Alta, after a fresh dump.

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

Old June 28th 04, 03:57 AM
pigo

"AstroPax" wrote in message

I heard that he wallows around, just like a big fat hog in the mud, in
anything over 2 inches deep...and that he just about suffocated one
day, when he tried to ski at Alta, after a fresh dump.

You should have seen him at the crayons in about 2" of fluff on a nearly
flat section. He tipped over trying to stop from the "lean back flying W"
position, then he spun around like "curly" after he smells Limburger trying
to get up. I'm cracking up just thinking about it, even if it's just about
the saddest display I ever saw from someone that called themselves a skier.

Alot like his activities here while calling himself a mental health
counselor.

I suppose in one sense he is. One look at him and no matter how much of a
loser someone is, it could be worse.

Old June 28th 04, 12:32 PM
AstroPax

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:57:28 -0600, "pigo"
wrote:

Alot like his activities here while calling himself a mental health
counselor.

I suppose in one sense he is. One look at him and no matter how much of a
loser someone is, it could be worse.

They also say that humor is good for ones mental health. Nothing like
a good laugh.

-Astro

Old June 28th 04, 07:01 PM
Sue

In message , pigo
writes

If I post about skiing, they defame me.
Why bother?

Hey, now! when you posted that article about K2 lots of people said it
was bang on.

Are you referring to his famous "on topic" post of 2000?

But there's video evidence and eyewitness accounts (including my own) that
he can't ski. So what good is it for him to repeat some **** he read
somewhere?

There's no requirement to be able to ski, though he can hardly fail to
be better at it than I am. Last winter in not-very-deep softish snow I
landed on my head, and was mildly concussed for about the next
fortnight.
Besides, a website comment written before you fell out with him said he
was very agile for such a fat chap - like most of his compatriots. I
suspect your judgement on his skiing isn't reliable.

--
Sue ];(
Old June 29th 04, 12:26 AM
pigo

"Sue" wrote in message
news
There's no requirement to be able to ski, though he can hardly fail to
be better at it than I am. Last winter in not-very-deep softish snow I
landed on my head, and was mildly concussed for about the next
fortnight.
Besides, a website comment written before you fell out with him said he
was very agile for such a fat chap - like most of his compatriots. I
suspect your judgement on his skiing isn't reliable.

The difference is that you haven't tried to pass yourself off as some sort
of guru. Your right that there is no "requirement" to be able to ski, unless
you say that you can, and even more so if you also try to pass yourself off
as some sort of truth teller. Obviously, he's neither.

We tried to be "nice to the retard" at first. People were putting up with
him in an effort to be inclusive. *I* never said he could ski. I don't lie.