equipment trade-ins in new york metro area?

Old February 29th 04, 07:19 PM
Josh Salit

Default equipment trade-ins in new york metro area?

Hi,
Does anyone know of any ski/board stores in the NY metro area (or
anywhere within a few hours) that take equipment tradeins? I have some
old skis and ski boots that I'd like to trade in for credit towards a
new pair of snowboard boots, but none of the big stores seem to take
tradeins.

I've called Princeton, Parragon, Blades, Pedigree/44, and Pelican (in
NJ)...none of them take tradeins at all, except Pelican, and they only
do in October.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!
Old February 29th 04, 10:30 PM
JQ

"Josh Salit" wrote in message
Hi,
Does anyone know of any ski/board stores in the NY metro area (or
anywhere within a few hours) that take equipment tradeins? I have some
old skis and ski boots that I'd like to trade in for credit towards a
new pair of snowboard boots, but none of the big stores seem to take
tradeins.

I've called Princeton, Parragon, Blades, Pedigree/44, and Pelican (in
NJ)...none of them take tradeins at all, except Pelican, and they only
do in October.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!

Keep the old gear and use the skis as rock skis. If you do find some place
that takes trade ins you won't really get much of a discount. Do some
research as to what you want and buy it off e-bay. As far as boots go got
to a few shops and try on the different boots for fit and when you narrowed
down the boot that fits correctly go to e-bay and hunt down that boot and
size. I practically buy all my family and my gear off e-bay. I can get
everything for the 3 of us cheaper than it would cost just to get gear for
me and still save. You need to be patient and know what you are looking
for.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old March 1st 04, 12:36 PM
Chet Hayes

"JQ" wrote in message ...
"Josh Salit" wrote in message
[...]

I certainly wouldn't try to save money by buying boots on Ebay. If
you find a pair that fits well when you try them on, just buy them.
I don't think it's worth the hassle and potential that the next pair
may not fit exactly the same to justify going to Ebay. Plus, the
local shop, if it's a decent one, is there to help if there are any
problems after you ride with them.

And one can only wonder how long local shops will survive when people
think it's ok to go to a store that offers stock, retail space, etc,
waste an hour of salespeople's time trying things on, etc, only to
then go and buy the item on Ebay.