Skiers Edge Training Machine

Old June 25th 05, 11:06 PM
Michelina Guarna and Tim Harker

Default Skiers Edge Training Machine

Hi..I'm thinking of buying a Skiers Edge 'Classic' unit, and I'm wondering
if anyone has used one and what their opinion of the machine is. Thanks in
advance.

Old June 27th 05, 09:13 PM
joggernut

very expensive!

Old June 28th 05, 06:10 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
joggernut wrote:
"Michelina Guarna and Tim Harker" wrote in message
m...
Hi..I'm thinking of buying a Skiers Edge 'Classic' unit, and I'm wondering
if anyone has used one and what their opinion of the machine is. Thanks in
advance.

very expensive!

I just run up hills. Preferably one with a Tram dock on top like Jackson Hole
Mountain Resort. Then again, I can get in some paid training days with
Exum Mountain Guides as well.

I'll be in Aspen for a fashion show next week. My partner is a designer.
Does anyone know if the chairlift ride down from Aspen Mountain is free?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old June 28th 05, 10:00 PM
joggernut

i was given an inexpensive option a few months ago. for what its worth
check out trikke (look on e-bay). no, i haven't tried it.

Old July 16th 05, 10:58 PM

Anyone else use this machine? If so, any other opinions. On their
website they list lots of masters racers that use the SE, any of them
out there??? Thanks!

JQ wrote:
"joggernut" wrote in message
very expensive!

"Michelina Guarna and Tim Harker" wrote in message
Hi..I'm thinking of buying a Skiers Edge 'Classic' unit, and I'm
wondering
if anyone has used one and what their opinion of the machine is. Thanks
in
advance.

It is good for developing balance and rhythm. I would recommend the newer
units as they will work even more on balance rhythm and strength.

I bought a used classic and it does give you a work out but it is a little
boring.

Just got back from visiting my friend in Oregon. He attempted to make the
summit climb on Mt. Hood but had to give it up as his arms, back and legs
were cramping up really bad. He did not take in enough water I guess he got
2/3 of the way up.
The day before he made the climb I skied Mt. Hood, had a great time even
though my knees weren't too happy!

JQ
Dancing on the edge

What is important for ICE grip? Andrej Snowboarding 6 February 25th 05 11:14 PM
skier's edge frank Alpine Skiing 7 November 20th 04 05:30 PM
X-C Skiers Training Bible Jim Flom Nordic Skiing 6 June 11th 04 08:34 PM
Carbo Feeds When Training? Gary Jacobson Nordic Skiing 7 December 11th 03 06:36 AM
LT Training for Lance, Why Not Nordic Skiers? Ken Roberts Nordic Skiing 4 August 18th 03 04:41 PM