Question about clothing

Old January 28th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Question about clothing

On Jan 28, 1:38*pm, Walt wrote:
Micheal Artindale wrote:

*In
other sports if you do the sport for recreation, you wear very simular
clothing as the competitors. (eg. swimming, xc skiing, biking, etc)

Um...I swim, but I don't wear a speedo.

(Short pause while everybody breathes a sigh of relief...)

I ride a bike, but I don't wear the bicycle outfit.
I cook recreationally, but I don't wear a chef's toque.
etc. etc. etc.

* I am *just trying to figure out why Alpine skiing doesnt.

The main thing is practicality. *Those ski racing suits are optimized
for a ski run of two minutes or so. *If you're skiing any longer than
that they're just not practical.

//Walt

The ski racers travel at speed and to a degree of technicality that
1/100 of a second is a big deal. Not so in recreation. The warmth
factor and all that are also true. They used to sell a ski with holes
in the tips for dampening. Turns out that you had to be going over
60mph to even begin to get enough air flow to get any effect.
Recreational skiers in skin tight suits and helmets are in that
category.
Old January 29th 08, 01:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

++++++++++++++ 2008 15:38:36 -0500, Walt
wrote this crap:

Um...I swim, but I don't wear a speedo.

I wear a speedo, but not while swimming. Usually while I'm yachting.
I can post pics.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old January 29th 08, 01:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Harry Weiner wrote:
Walt wrote this crap:

Um...I swim, but I don't wear a speedo.

I wear a speedo, but not while swimming. Usually while I'm yachting.
I can post pics.

Yeah, I've seen them.

Next time, put the potato in the front.

//Walt
Old January 29th 08, 07:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

TexasSkiNut wrote:
On Jan 28, 3:10 pm, BrritSki wrote:
Micheal Artindale wrote:

... I am just trying to figure out why Alpine skiing doesnt.

Just don't get a boner in a racing suit. HTH HAND

Speaking of SallyDoug, Google turned up a post by him over at
FirstTracksOnline.com's forum back in December 2006:
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?
p=13943&sid=a9763f5c6b01c3d9c5550ff397663974#13943
"For those on the Ski Vermont Discussion list who've wondered what's
become of the only member to ever be permanently banned..I graduated
from UVM in 2001..I lived in Bozeman Montana from 2002-2004 where I
skied alot at Bridger Bowl, Big Sky, and some backcountry spots..Since
2004 I've been living in PA and working for the family business. Once
again I'm racking up the vertical at Blue mountain and I'll be in
Jackson Hole from January 21st to the 30th and going to South America
for the first time this summer."

Hmmmm, Jackson Hole....

It would explain a lot...
Old January 30th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Micheal Artindale[_2_]

"pigo" wrote in message
On Jan 28, 1:38 pm, Walt wrote:
Micheal Artindale wrote:

[...]

What category?

xc clothing repair/bonding question [email protected] Nordic Skiing 3 October 22nd 07 10:19 PM
Ladies Ski Clothing Judy Marketplace 0 May 6th 04 06:20 PM
CLOTHING ADVISE PLZ k European Ski Resorts 8 February 26th 04 08:55 PM
Noob clothing question.. Calz Snowboarding 5 December 2nd 03 10:08 PM
Where to buy clothing in UK? Tim Sampson Snowboarding 2 October 1st 03 10:33 AM