TV coverage

Old March 17th 06, 01:15 AM

In article , Chuck
wrote:

rboater wrote:
In article , Chuck
wrote:

Looks like OLN is not covering FIS world cup any more this year. Anyone
know what network in the US is? Also does anyone know if OLN is planning
to cover FIS next year? If not I'm dumping them. Seems like they've
dumped nearly everything related to alpine skiing.

According to the OLN web site schedule they're showing the WC finals on
Sunday from 4 to 5 eastern. Not enough time, of course, for adequate
coverage; but it's better than nothing. Got to keep the fishermen happy.
And "RV Today" gets an hour and a half. Give me a break.

I actually like RV today. I do a lot of camping and have gotten some
good campsites from them. Also got a few good tips on how to maintain my
camper.

They used to have a skiing show that was similar to RV today but I
forget what it was called. They'd go to various ski resorts and give you
the low down on them. It also had a segment on improving your skiing.
Problem was they hadn't filmed any new shows in a couple of years. Wish
they'd bring it back but with new shows and new locations. I also wish
they'd cover more of the World Cup. In years past the coverage was much
better. How many women's races were covered this year? Maybe one? It's
been pathetic.

I really don't have anything against RV Today as such, or the fishing
shows for that matter. It's just that it's still winter and they could be
showing us a lot more of what is turning out to be an exciting weekend at
the World Cup finals.

Bill

NBC Olympic "Coverage" - NASCAR? Bill Tuthill Alpine Skiing 9 February 17th 06 02:16 PM
Olympics TV coverage in U.S. - Nordic on USA Network Gene Goldenfeld Nordic Skiing 23 January 17th 06 10:36 AM
OLN FIS Coverage Marty Alpine Skiing 3 December 1st 04 07:17 PM
OLN Coverage Steve Nordic Skiing 2 February 27th 04 04:00 PM
OLN Coverage of World Cup? telewhacker Nordic Skiing 3 October 3rd 03 09:31 PM