skis and ski length

Old February 25th 04, 02:08 PM
John Smith

Default skis and ski length

I know a lot about skiing but nothing about skis these days. The technology
has passed me by.

I'm trying to buy used or cheap skis off eBay. I usually don't want new
ones because I love to trash skis.

I ski almost always off the groomed on steep stuff in the Rockies. I am the
world's oldest bump skier at 45 years young. I go 5'11" and 185.

Any suggestions on what to buy in the 2002-2004 model years ? Also, how do
I size them ? In the old days, I just bought 200-205cm but I demoed some
Volkl 170's that seemed about right.

Thanks.

JS

Old February 25th 04, 10:09 PM
Varanasi Benares

[snip]

Any suggestions on what to buy in the 2002-2004 model years ? Also, how do
I size them ?

You might check this site out: http://forskiers.com/gear/selector.asp

My only comment is that my Dynastar Intuitivs must be longer to get the
same high speed stability as my K2 mod x skis.

Old February 26th 04, 02:09 AM
KentB

snip
In the old days, I just bought 200-205cm but I demoed some

snip

Sounds like you hit the best method. IMHO, there is more to picking skis
than length. Demo'ing lets you evaluate the entire ski package.

news