Park City Lift Tickets

Old November 8th 03, 02:15 PM
pigo

Default Park City Lift Tickets

"BoftheW" wrote in message

Hmm, let's see...I must follow pigo's form here (my bad to snip) and

not snip
(even though most of his post is worthless to follow up to)...

Nice language. What I'm talking about is that you never fail to add a

dig in to
PC. No, are you? Who is him? (he-who-must-not-be-named)?

Wow, I've got a trademark! Can I now add a 'TM' to my name? As for

holding up to
your post, you have yet to make a single valid, objective point. Just

because I
call you on it does not mean that I don't 'hold up to you post'. Or am

I missing
something here?

What does that have to do with the OP? Again, they ask for cheap

tickets to
PCMR, not your opinion of what is best to ski. Do you think that

perhaps you
might not have encountered the broadest sample set driving that van?

What about
the spectrum outside that group? The filthy rich that fly into Heber

on a
private jet to the starving student that hitches their way here?

Maybe, just
maybe your 'commonly accepted' statement lacks objectivity??? Could

you please
define 'vastly superior'? Is it snowboarding, terrain parks,

learn-to-race
programs, hike-to-skiing, size, lack of over-groomed bullet-proof-hard

runs, or
lack of fur coats? None of which apply to DV? It all depends on what

you are
looking for. I have passes to both and find each interesting and good

in its own
way, not 'vastly superior'. I also don't have a phobia over

snowboarding. That
generation is hard to take no matter what equipment they use (skis or
snowboards). Get over it.

I don't know a single skier that wouldn't be bummed to buy a weeks worth
of pcmr lift tickets before they leave the airport. I think I mentioned
that they might want to buy one or two.

I think I only did one run to Heber airport during my time. Most of the
"filthy rich" that I drove either came in through SLC or the private
terminal. Besides the van one might consider the fact that I skied most
everyday met lots of skiers doing that. My work in construction in the
summer, much of it for out of town owners and time as a tour guide for
foreign tourists also gave me some insight into the FACT that people ski
Utah BECAUSE of the variety of places to ski (see point one). As for
your "broadest set''; those are part of the hoards fleeing pc in those
days to ski elsewhere. At 7:30 or so the freeway was packed with cars
ALSO skiing somewhere else. It's not as easy to see these days with all
the other traffic.

For many people not skiing is better than skiing where snowboards are.
Fur coats don't bother me when I'm skiing, you? DV has employees that
act like they're at work and patrol there has never clipped my pass for
"making too many turns to be in control" or for the "act of tucking'' on
a completly empty run. I like the lack of runouts at DV too.

See above. You have proven in your own writing to lack objectivity.

Haven't heard any so far.

So you'd advise this poor schlub to waste (imo) his entire vacation
skiing pc? You really are an asshole.

Is there something wrong with a little research? Reveal my name? Are

you crazy,
and have nuts like that idiot Scott breathing down my neck? I have

seen how
hostile this group can be. Also, I was not repeating anything that

isn't public
knowledge.

I looked at he header. All it told me was that you posted through
newguy.
Maybe someone here will tell me how to decifer that stuff or just tell
me your name. "Public" knowledge or not it's trunky that has the lack of
class that keeps posting it. Do you like the company?
Once I find yours you won't mind if I post it do you? I have a feeling
that I know you if you've been around pc as long as you say you have.

Next, time maybe you could find a responce

A response?

Old November 8th 03, 02:38 PM
scottabe

in article , pigo at
wrote on 11/8/03 7:15 AM:

"BoftheW" wrote in message

Is there something wrong with a little research? Reveal my name? Are

you crazy,
and have nuts like that idiot Scott breathing down my neck? I have

seen how
hostile this group can be. Also, I was not repeating anything that

isn't public
knowledge.

I looked at he header. All it told me was that you posted through
newguy.
Maybe someone here will tell me how to decifer that stuff or just tell
me your name.

Tell ya what, asshole. You reveal the identity of your buddies who go
anonymous, threaten my life and accuse me of molesting children, and I'll
nag this asshole to reveal himself. Fair if fair, right?
The irony is astounding. After years of criminal harassment by Bob Thompson
and his anonymous friends, this brain fried wacko has the gall to criticize
someone for staying anonymous-while in an arguement with Bob Thompson famous
for committing felonies to silence anyone who criticizes him.
Hey, Bob? Maybe he doesn't want his home address posted, like you did to me
on hundreds of occasions.

"Public" knowledge or not it's trunky that has the lack of
class that keeps posting it. Do you like the company?

He hasn't got the class, the ethics, or the integrity to be in my company.
You would not understand.

Once I find yours you won't mind if I post it do you? I have a feeling
that I know you if you've been around pc as long as you say you have.

Why not post the real names of the anonymous criminals you ski with?

Next, time maybe you could find a responce

A response?

Yeah. Be consistent, Thompson. Out your buddies.

Old November 8th 03, 03:25 PM
BoftheW

In article , pigo says...

Snip (as you know I always do)

I think I only did one run to Heber airport during my time. Most of the
"filthy rich" that I drove either came in through SLC or the private
terminal. Besides the van one might consider the fact that I skied most
everyday met lots of skiers doing that. My work in construction in the
summer, much of it for out of town owners and time as a tour guide for
foreign tourists also gave me some insight into the FACT that people ski
Utah BECAUSE of the variety of places to ski (see point one). As for
your "broadest set''; those are part of the hoards fleeing pc in those
days to ski elsewhere. At 7:30 or so the freeway was packed with cars
ALSO skiing somewhere else. It's not as easy to see these days with all
the other traffic.

'hoards fleeing'? At 7:30, the freeway is 'packed' with commuters, not skiers.
'Packed' is hardly the term I would use. Since when has I-80 (or 224) ever been
'packed'. I suggest you spend some rush hour time in LA, SF or DC to see what
'packed' means. I-80 averages 40K vehicles/day through Parleys on three lanes,
101 (Bayshore Freeway) averages 500K/day through the Bay Area on four lanes
(Source: UDOT & CALTRANS). That is packed. BTW: 45% of that traffic is trucks &
commuters.

For many people not skiing is better than skiing where snowboards are.
Fur coats don't bother me when I'm skiing, you? DV has employees that
act like they're at work and patrol there has never clipped my pass for
"making too many turns to be in control" or for the "act of tucking'' on
a completly empty run. I like the lack of runouts at DV too.

'Too many turns'? Disco-Butt waggler? Please tell me at least that was the 80's.

So you'd advise this poor schlub to waste (imo) his entire vacation
skiing pc? You really are an asshole.

Remember, it all depends what the OP (schlub?) wants. You are infering more than
was given in the question. I give you this analogy:

When someone asks 'What tinme is it right now? You typically answer with the
approximate time (e.g 9:16 am). When someone then asks 'What time is it?'
Immediately after, your answer should be 'yes', not repeating the approximate
time again.

I looked at he header. All it told me was that you posted through
newguy.

'Newsguy' They are an anonymous service. For good reason.

Maybe someone here will tell me how to decifer that stuff or just tell
me your name. "Public" knowledge or not it's trunky that has the lack of
class that keeps posting it. Do you like the company?
Once I find yours you won't mind if I post it do you? I have a feeling
that I know you if you've been around pc as long as you say you have.

Alright, I'll give you that. Calling it a lack of class however, (when at best
it is a lack of judgement) is like the kettle calling the pot black, given the
garbage that pervades this group.

Next, time maybe you could find a responce

A response?

Sorry about that. I hit post before I finished. The worst part is that I don't
even remember what I was trying to say. Must have been real witty though.

BoftheW(tm)

Old November 8th 03, 03:49 PM
BoftheW

In article , BoftheW says...

Addendum:

In the analogy, the second question is supposed to read 'Do you know what time
it is'. Sorry for the sloppyness.

Also, you asked if I would reveal myself, since you may have known me from back
when you lived here. Fat chance. Like I would ever give personal info out over
the Internet. Also, I didn't make it a habit of frequenting places like 'The
Cowboy Bar, The Club, The Alamo, The Hula Bowl, etc. (see, now I am infering
more into your post than was mentioned.) I did however, like local's night
Cicero's, but as you know, that place was packed and I doubt you know who I am.

BoftheW(tm)

Old November 8th 03, 03:51 PM
AstroPax

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 07:29:53 -0800, scottabe
wrote:

Which reminds me. Gonna have to write a bit about Alta.

Do you need any pics to go along with the story?

-Astro

Old November 8th 03, 04:17 PM
AstroPax

On 8 Nov 2003 06:39:15 -0800, ButtoftheWasatch
wrote:

In article , AstroPax says...

snip

vastly superior: Deer Valley, Alta, Brighton, Solitude, Snowbird, and
Snowbasin.

BTW, I don't understand why anyone would want tics to PC, even if they
are discounted? I mean really, the place totally sucks...I wouldn't
pay $10 for one.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't ski there even if it was free !

Hmm. You REALLY showed me. By making up a list of Utah ski areas without PCMR.
Wow, that really shows 'vastly superior'. Maybe next time you could *actually*
offer input into as to why?

Just my opinion, that's all.

But since you asked, I would have to say that the reason I think the
LCC/BCC areas are superior to PC is because of the quality and
quantity of the snow, and at Snowbasin, it's because of the good
hike-to terrain, the Olympic groomers, and the lift system.

Why do I think Deer Valley is superior...ummm, because Horvath skis
there...so it must be.

Another interesting point, as of today, 11/08/03, PC doesn't even have
2003-2004 lift ticket rates listed on their web site yet?

http://www.parkcitymountain.com/wint..._Lift_Tickets/

Yea, that's great for planning purposes.

-Astro