Best Carver?

Old September 7th 03, 03:23 PM
pj

Default Best Carver?

Wrong group really, try bomberonline or extremecarving,
Here is fine.

I am looking for anyones thoughts on the best soft boot set up for
carving. So far I am thinking the Burton Republik 63. I really just
want to be able to lay hard ruts on hard pack, but don't want to be
limited by a hard boot set up since I still ride trees, pow, etc.....

On the other hand....should I just get a hard boot set?

I can't comment on the use of soft boots; gave 'em up about 15 years back.

For powder nothing beats some stiff hard boots solidly connected to a good
board. Some people can manage remarkably well in soft boots through the
trees, but if you really want to slalom those cedars then you need something
slalom oriented.

Someone else here just described the experience of hard gear in powder. The
same equipment also flies on the piste and in the bumps. The down side is
that responsive equipment requires careful handling; you'll need to put some
effort into learning how to use hard gear.

phil