binding angles

Old April 5th 10, 02:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default binding angles

"Christian G. Becker" wrote
in :

15/-15 as of this winter, 15/-10 before. First years were 20/5. Started
to go a lot more fakie sind then.

Krischan

Sounds like a lot of you guys are riding a lot of park with
those angles. I rarely if ever ride switch in part because
my board is asymmetric but more so just the high +/+ angles.
Maybe I'll give it a go the last day of the year and see what
it feels like.

Mike

Old April 5th 10, 03:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
"Christian G. Becker" wrote
in :

15/-15 as of this winter, 15/-10 before. First years were 20/5.
Started to go a lot more fakie sind then.

Krischan

Sounds like a lot of you guys are riding a lot of park with
those angles. I rarely if ever ride switch in part because
my board is asymmetric but more so just the high +/+ angles.
Maybe I'll give it a go the last day of the year and see what
it feels like.

I haven't been in the park all year. I just find the +/- angles better for my
overall riding. It can result in needing a wider board to get toe/heel
clearance. It does make riding switch a lot more similar. One day of trying it
will probably not give you much satisfaction. It takes time to get used to.

Old April 5th 10, 04:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Champ

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 09:02:01 -0500, "Mike M. Miskulin"
wrote:

"Christian G. Becker" wrote
in :

15/-15 as of this winter, 15/-10 before. First years were 20/5. Started
to go a lot more fakie sind then.

Sounds like a lot of you guys are riding a lot of park with
those angles. I rarely if ever ride switch in part because
my board is asymmetric but more so just the high +/+ angles.
Maybe I'll give it a go the last day of the year and see what
it feels like.

I've *never* ridden the park :-) And I hardly ever rid switch. I
just feel more stable on the board in a mild duck stance.
--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk
Old April 6th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Champ wrote in
:

I've *never* ridden the park :-) And I hardly ever rid switch. I
just feel more stable on the board in a mild duck stance.

I could defnitely see how duck stance would make switch a lot
easier but would think it would make angulation more awkward
if not impossible? There must be a hard booter lurking who
can comment.. they always jump at that word
Old April 6th 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Neil Gendzwill

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
Champ wrote in
:

I've *never* ridden the park :-) And I hardly ever rid switch. I
just feel more stable on the board in a mild duck stance.

I could defnitely see how duck stance would make switch a lot
easier but would think it would make angulation more awkward
if not impossible? There must be a hard booter lurking who
can comment.. they always jump at that word

There's some guys riding duck who carve pretty good trenches. It's certainly different technique than with hard boot angles. But I
haven't been in softies for 20 years so I really don't have any technical basis to compare.

Neil
Old April 7th 10, 02:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Neil Gendzwill wrote in
el:

There's some guys riding duck who carve pretty good trenches. It's
certainly different technique than with hard boot angles. But I haven't
been in softies for 20 years so I really don't have any technical basis
to compare.

Neil

Well thanks to the 60,70 and yes, 85 degree weather we have had here
in the northesat I think any testing will have to wait until next
season. I think we may be down to just one very steep bumped run,
at most two others and so its not really conducive to experimentation.

This has been quite an odd season up here weatherwise.

Bevel Angles? GoHabsGo Snowboarding 2 January 24th 06 03:08 PM
finally tried forward angles, but need some help... [email protected] Snowboarding 13 December 16th 05 06:27 AM
Forward Lean Angles tg Snowboarding 21 December 13th 04 02:49 AM
What angles? David Snowboarding 11 October 22nd 04 04:10 PM
Stance angles Dean Snowboarding 0 March 15th 04 11:07 AM