Intuition Boot Liners

Old December 22nd 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Intuition Boot Liners

Hey, everybody, it's Diaper Bob Thompson!!!! As he does every year
when challenged to show up and spew his **** in person, Dickless Bob
is ignoring the challenge. He's hiding and pretending that if he
doesn't see a challenge, he's not a pussy if he doesn't show...which
is why I created the DIAPER BOB THOMPSON email addy to make sure to
get past his filters.
You will remember this is the same freak who invented the IDAHO PUSSY
PARTY and talked all kinds of **** about setting a meet in Seattle
when he knew I would be out of town.
There is cowardly. There is ppppppuuuuuuussssssyyyyyy. And there is
Brain Fried Bob, who makes himself look even more dickless with every
evasion.
DIAPER UP!!!!! Figure the Canyons on 11/12, and maybe even another
Temple Square humiliation on 11/13!!!!!
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

On Dec 22, 7:37*am, pigo wrote:
I like my boots pretty tight. But as I grew to understand the fit, and
had professionals work on that, it became easy to get my foot/boot/ski
to all turn at the same time without "having my eyes bug out".

Your eyes bug out at the mere thought of diapering up and making a
meet. How's that Gore-tex work when you **** your pants?
Old December 23rd 10, 05:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
MG[_3_]

"VtSkier" wrote in message
On 12/21/2010 10:44 PM, Walt wrote:
On 12/21/2010 6:33 PM, MG wrote:

How about warmth?

Keep your core temperature up, ski like you mean it, and wear wool socks
(not too thick though). This works down to about 35 below from my
experience. No experience with Intuition liners myself, but there's no
reason why they wouldn't be plenty warm if you follow the above advice.

//Walt

Yup, and as I said, don't buckle your boots
so tight your eyes bulge out.

I don't do that. I don't have the time to ski much anymore, as I live in
the midwest and the busiest season of my business now is from November to
March. I've been skiing for about 35 years (I'm 58), and at this point I'm
mostly a crusier. I've been through a lot of boots..Nordicas, Hansons,
Langes (the mid-80's hot-foam versions), a dreadful pair of something
the-name-of-which escapes me, and these Tecnicas, and this is the first time
I have had any issues of this sort. I don't recall exactly when I got them,
but it had to be 2003 or so. I spent a lot of time and money getting these
fit correctly, I use Thorlo thin socks (which is what they were fit for)
because wool irritates my skin, and they are not buckled tight at all. I
pretty much know what I'm doing out there, which is why I am concerned.
It's also true that frostbite in extremities can be a warning about other
issues, so I am keeping a close watch on this.

Old December 25th 10, 12:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 12/21/2010 6:33 PM, MG wrote:

[...]

Generally ski boots, regardless of liner type, are
reasonably warm. If you are not doing what Walt
says about keeping your core temperature up and
other things there could be real circulation problems.

All other things being equal, I have friends who
swear by electric heaters for boots.

I've got ten years on you, I haven't degraded to
cruiser yet and my feet don't get cold. My hands do
sometimes, but the cure is to get them warmed up
wherever I can put the gloves back on and go some
more. IOW, my hands will stay warm once they have
been warmed up from a cold condition. In REALLY
cold weather I will use the coal based handwarmers.

Fer chissakes, don't be uncomfortable.
Old December 25th 10, 01:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On 12/21/2010 6:33 PM, MG wrote:

[...]

So how are those diapers? Do they pinch? Did they do the job and
provide you with dryness when you peed your pants driving through
Seattle, terrified that I might find you?
Enquiring minds want to know, you blowhard coward.
Old December 25th 10, 03:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 12/24/2010 10:47 PM, Ted Waldron wrote:
In ,
wrote:

All other things being equal, I have friends who
swear by electric heaters for boots.

I am more in the school of good liners, good socks and drinking lots of
fluids. (I am pretty happy camper with my Scarpa Terminator IIs, even
though my feet will turn to fine hamburger after a week long trip in
them, but that is more to do with friction and the constant skinning)

I think keeping the weight down is important..

btw, have a happy holidays in the PNW, enjoy Baker and Sun Peaks.

Thanks, but whyTF am I sitting here typing into
this newsgroup?

Tell you why. My wife had a "cardiac incident"
yesterday and was taken to the hospital in an
ambulance. We are thanking our stars that it
happened where it did and not on an airplane
and not while she was driving a car.

Upshot is that the docs put a pacemaker in
which she will have for the rest of her life.
Better that than the alternative.

At any rate we didn't fly today and we won't
be at Sun Peaks any time soon. I'm lucky to
still have her with me. She'll probably be
home tomorrow which is definitely a good thing.

RW
Old December 25th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

wrote:

[...]

How frightening.
That must have been one hell of an emotional rollercoaster ride.

Upside: Now you live with a bionic woman.
Old December 25th 10, 10:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
VtSkier wrote:

Tell you why. My wife had a "cardiac incident"
yesterday and was taken to the hospital in an
ambulance. We are thanking our stars that it
happened where it did and not on an airplane
and not while she was driving a car.

Upshot is that the docs put a pacemaker in
which she will have for the rest of her life.
Better that than the alternative.

At any rate we didn't fly today and we won't
be at Sun Peaks any time soon. I'm lucky to
still have her with me. She'll probably be
home tomorrow which is definitely a good thing.

I think you both will be surprised at how quickly you both forget about
it being there.

I surf with a guy who has one. He's tough as nails and charges big (way
too big for me!) surf.

The great thing about that pacemaker is that you don't have to worry
about her ever having the "cardiac incident" recur in a way that will
cause problems.

Merry Christmas to you both. I'm glad to hear she got such good and
quick treatment and is "fixed."

Dave
Old December 25th 10, 10:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

wrote:

[...]

Been there, done that. I'm on my second, after a lead on the first failed and I
had a second "incident". Other than a lump in my upper chest, it's no problem. I
go in for a check every 6-12 months, as someone else described. It hasn't slowed
me down a bit. I keep thinking about reprogramming it for performance, but
haven't gotten to it yet. :-) Actually, it is set to only operate if my heart
goes below 30 bbm to halp the battery last, at my choice. It fires less than 1%
of the time.

Give her my best wishes. I know it's a trying experience.

Old December 26th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

wrote:

[...]

Indeed. Not only that she'll need a note from her
doctor to be able to get through an airport scanner.

Old December 26th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 12/25/2010 06:05 PM, Dave Cartman wrote:
In ,
wrote:

[...]

Thanks, and thank you all. That's our plan. The management
at the Condo we were going to stay at in Sun Peaks has
reserved our unit for the same time period next year at
no additional cost. IOW, they are keeping our money but
letting us have the Condo next year instead of this year.
Nice folks. The airline has also done us a nice deal so
that we can still use our tickets and the two bus services
we were going to use simply said that our tickets were good
for a year, no questions asked. We hate to drive and
park in Boston, so we use the Dartmouth Coach on this end
and the "Airporter" from Seatac north.

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to all especially Horvie,
except for poasting Scooter's ravings.

RW