Fantastic skiing

Old November 21st 08, 12:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Fantastic skiing

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:34:58 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

How disgusting. Another pathological liar and dickless coward trying
to take advantage of the mentally ill.

You have finally admitted that you are mentally ill.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me

I think most of us regular people know that he has a stability issue.
Are we trying to prove a point to the mentally ill well it is kind of
pointless.
The homeless guy in front of my building finally met his match the
reaper got him which will probably the only way to get rid of this
mental midget.

Alan you really need a better hobby your only going to get blisters from
this interaction.

Any comments and insights on negative lift?
Old November 21st 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Nov 20, 5:15*pm, Alan Baker wrote:

Thompson and Henry. *You weren't invited. *You already showed you are
a lying piece of **** coward. *I'm supposed to change my plans AGAIN
when you have proven you will give your word then run, wasting my
time?
You are insane. *Utterly deranged. *At a dickless coward. *Go ****
yourself, freak.

Doesn't anyone realize that there never was a meet set with me?

I realize that the record doesn't mean anything to trunky. But anyone
else can look back and see that I noticed that RH was somewhat nearby
and brought up the possibility of getting together. But his immediate
reply was that he was busy with soccer. That was the end of it.

We all know that trunky has known where I live for years. And avoided
me the whole time. That I've seen the "women" he dates (ugh!) and seen
him ski (such as it is). And now his choice for president seems to
have used cocaine. Something he has accused and disparaged many on
this site for. Seems that Biden dropped out of a race one time on
charges of plagerism. Hmmmmm? Peas/pod.

Old November 21st 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:25:00 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote:

In article ,
DaveM wrote:

This conversation has already become tedious as your responses seem
wholely tendentious as have mine now. So, I'll just quit now and go
back to thinking about snow.

You should be thinking about "world peace." Frickin' war monger!

/jk

Dave

Warmonger? Me?
No, no, no....

(S)top (N)eeding (O)utright (W)ar...... SNOW. Haven't you been to my
website?

Dave M
Old November 21st 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:56:54 -0800, Ted Waldron
wrote:

In article ,
DaveM wrote:

Had he phrased it as "Nothing on the ground at Whistler Village" would
you still have jumped all over it?

No, the only reasons being at the Village or at the base of the
Blackcomb anytime during the ski season, is the start of the day and the
end of the day. Given I rarely venture down below mid mountain during a
ski day at W/B, because there is really no temptation or reason. The
runs are mainly blue cruisers and the snow is crappy. It is just one of
the drawbacks of Coastal Mountain Chains with low elevation.

The Village and the Blackcomb base are transit areas, there is no reason
to hang out there during the day.

I agree with this post.

Doesn't change or really address my point but I agree with it.

Unless the snow is really really good, I never even ski to the bottom
on the last run. It is just too much effort to avoid the crowds at the
lower elevations on the blue runs. Get one more on top and take the
gondola down.

Maybe I should try and get over to Whistler this year. How is the road
project going? I haven't been keeping up since the enormous rock
slide.

Dave M
Old November 21st 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

(snip - because it was rejected for too many quoted lines -- stoopid
free newsserver!)

His statement was in the context of saying there'd be no skiing there.
For that to be true, he must be referring to the state things where the
skiing takes place.

You can assume that if you want. Don't make it so, but you can assume
it if it makes you happy.

So is that all there is to the whole sig delimter thingy? Just two
dashes and a space? Everyone should try that then, huh?

--
Dave M
Old November 21st 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Nov 21, 3:08*am, A mighty Hungarian
wrote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:11:59 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote this crap:

Just think of the headlines: *Local Celebrity, War Hero Journalist,
Boxing Champion, Track Star, Bon Vivant Scott Abraham Leads Police to
Stalking, Psychopathic Ner'do'well and Notorious Canadian Alan Baker. *

"...Said a breathless Abraham, "clue time, blow me, you're insane, get
help now...."

This is one of those times for you to disappear for a week or so and
hope everyone forgets your latest blantant cowardly blowhardedness.

What about his emergency softball game? *Or is it an emergency soccer
game?

By amazing coincidence, I do have an "emergency" soccer game. Today.
The HS coach scheduled a pre-season scrimmage and didn't tell me until
last night, and then only by coincidence: He was umpiring an adult
game at the same sports complex where I went to see my son's 10PM
indoor game. A foul ball came under the left field fence through the
gate where they bring in the maintenance vehicles right to my feet as
I was entering, and when I threw the ball back to the ump, it was him.

I hope I wasn't supposed to be in Seattle today.
Old November 21st 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
DaveM wrote:

(snip - because it was rejected for too many quoted lines -- stoopid
free newsserver!)

His statement was in the context of saying there'd be no skiing there.
For that to be true, he must be referring to the state things where the
skiing takes place.

You can assume that if you want. Don't make it so, but you can assume
it if it makes you happy.

No assumption is necessary:

"At this point in the year, any skiing would be great skiing. Looks
like a late start for the PNW. ..."

So he's talking about when skiing will start.

"...Nothing on the ground at Whistler,
either, or Sun Valley, too warm most of the last couple weeks to make
snow."

Last time I checked, they don't make snow except where the skiing
happens.

So is that all there is to the whole sig delimter thingy? Just two
dashes and a space? Everyone should try that then, huh?

--
Dave M

Yup. But some software gets it wrong. Mine, for instance, leaves the
space in when I post.

:-)

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old November 21st 08, 05:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote this crap:

[...]

Just wait, Richard: in a couple of months it will have morphed in what
passes for Scottie's mind into "proof" that you ran away from the
Starbuck's meeting.

:-)

Old November 21st 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Nov 20, 5:23 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
taichiskiing wrote:
On Nov 18, 6:21 pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On Nov 18, 7:19 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

Fantastic skiing

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=sjMsvS...eature=related

Have fun,
IS

He was slipping when he should have been skidding.

Not really. He was knocked out of balance by the gate/flag and into
slipping; if he had tried to recover by skidding, he would have
tumbled. His recovery technique was actually flatboarding/line-skiing
technique; notice how he moves his butt/body downward to catch up with
the ski while making a "carving" (tail follows tip) right turn at
around 19 sec, and again in slow motion around 39~44 sec? That's a
standard butt/weight leads the turn line-skiing technique, great
balance, and great skiing.

IS

Nice of you to finally admit that "flatboarding technique" is synonymous
for "flailing about wildly in an attempt to regain the balance you lost
when you stopped using good skiing technique".

Not sure where your "flailing wildly" comes from, get stuck on you
green MA, eh? Following a predictable track is easy, but it takes a
lot more skills, courage, and knowledge to ski/recover the
unpredictable. And that's what high level skiing all about.

You would not last one second in that condition.

IS

:-)

Old November 21st 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

He flails 19 seconds into the video (I'm not counting the one caused by
hitting the gate).

You would not last one second in that condition.

One time, I and the rest of my racing team were practicing tuck jumps
and whoever had built the jump had made the transition a little too
steep. So when I went over at about 30-40 mph, my ski flexed and popped
me out of the binding. So there I was in mid-air about 15 feet off the
snow and I had to land it on only one ski.

I've been in that condition and I lasted just fine thanks.

I'm not saying that the recovery wasn't a fine thing, Chai-tea; I'm just
tired of listening to your bull****.

You've never presented a video of you skiing anything the least bit
difficult and I'll take you on on any run you choose and wax your sorry
ass.