Where to stay Morzine/les Gets

Old October 9th 04, 06:08 PM
Rod Jenkins

Default Where to stay Morzine/les Gets

We have skied several times in the PdeS but have always stayed in Morgins.
Can anybody comment on the links across Morzine and suggest where to stay
to get acces to Les Gets and Avoriaz. Is it possible to stay in Les Gets
and still do the PdeS circuit? We are pretty competent skiers but would
probably draw a line at the Wall.

cheers,
--
Rod Jenkins
UK

Old October 10th 04, 07:51 PM
Dominique Foucart

Rod Jenkins a exprimé avec précision :
We have skied several times in the PdeS but have always stayed in Morgins.
Can anybody comment on the links across Morzine and suggest where to stay
to get acces to Les Gets and Avoriaz. Is it possible to stay in Les Gets
and still do the PdeS circuit? We are pretty competent skiers but would
probably draw a line at the Wall.

cheers,

Hi Rod,

First of all, Morgins is not Morzine, and both are fairly far away from
each other in the PdS. On the other hand, Morzine and Les Gets are very
close, but Morzine is fairly more "central" to the PdS than Les Gets,
who is at the edge with the "Grand Massif" area over Samoëns.
I have done the tour from Morzine up to Chatel and back in one day (7
years ago), but this required a pretty good snow condition all the way
(unless it changed since then). A number of resorts changes happens
fairly low and you may have to walk for a couple of hundred meters.
Again, unless new connections have been built recently.

Dominique (in Samoëns)

--
Dominique Foucart
Hiking in Haute-Savoie: http://dfoucart.tripod.com/verliefdemetsamoens

Old October 10th 04, 08:55 PM
Sue

In message , Dominique Foucart
writes

I have done the tour from Morzine up to Chatel and back in one day (7
years ago), but this required a pretty good snow condition all the way
(unless it changed since then). A number of resorts changes happens
fairly low and you may have to walk for a couple of hundred meters.
Again, unless new connections have been built recently.

An intermediate skier can get from les Gets to Avoriaz and back in a day
without difficulty, snow permitting and assuming they don't get lost.
The links across Morzine, unless they've changed in the last couple of
years, are little road trains like in theme parks, pulled by diesel
tractors dressed up as wild west railway engines. They look silly but
work well at off-peak times, are probably a bottleneck in school
holidays.

--
Sue ]
Old October 10th 04, 09:47 PM
Neil Swingler

"Sue" wrote in message
news
An intermediate skier can get from les Gets to Avoriaz and back in a day
without difficulty, snow permitting and assuming they don't get lost.
The links across Morzine, unless they've changed in the last couple of
years, are little road trains like in theme parks, pulled by diesel
tractors dressed up as wild west railway engines. They look silly but
work well at off-peak times, are probably a bottleneck in school holidays.

It's only a 10 min walk from the bottom of Pleney to the Super Morzine
gondola. Or you can get the bus to Les Prodains. The ski route from Super
Morzine to Avoriaz is super flat.

- Neil Swingler

Old October 10th 04, 10:11 PM
Andy M

Dominique Foucart wrote:
Rod Jenkins a exprimé avec précision :

We have skied several times in the PdeS but have always stayed in
Morgins.
Can anybody comment on the links across Morzine and suggest where to
stay
to get acces to Les Gets and Avoriaz. Is it possible to stay in Les Gets
and still do the PdeS circuit? We are pretty competent skiers but would
probably draw a line at the Wall.

cheers,

Stayed in Les Gets 3 times. We did the circuit last year, but to be
fair we did drive to the bottom of the Ardent bubble (I think). Our
chalet hosts always drive guests down to the lifts each day and collect
in the evening. Doing the circuit, 1 day in avoriaz, and the free day
over in Flaine are their 'standard offerings' of taking guests further
afield.
I will seriously consider going back again if they have space available.

Skiing from LesGets to Avoriaz and back in a day is no problem. You can
walk across Morzine in about 10mins.

Andy.
Old October 11th 04, 08:17 PM
Rod Jenkins

Stayed in Les Gets 3 times. We did the circuit last year, but to be
fair we did drive to the bottom of the Ardent bubble (I think). Our
chalet hosts always drive guests down to the lifts each day and collect
in the evening. Doing the circuit, 1 day in avoriaz, and the free day
over in Flaine are their 'standard offerings' of taking guests further
afield.
I will seriously consider going back again if they have space available.

Skiing from LesGets to Avoriaz and back in a day is no problem. You can
walk across Morzine in about 10mins.

Andy,

Which area would you recommend staying in Les Gets?