As some predicted

Old April 11th 06, 01:58 PM

Default As some predicted

Bode Miller loses one of his main sponsors

http://news.mainetoday.com/apwire/D8GR8Q081-96.shtml
Old April 11th 06, 04:02 PM

down_hill wrote in news:e1gcmd
:

Bode Miller loses one of his main sponsors

....except that it didn't happen "as some predicted". Seems Barilla's
standard contract is a three-year deal, and they almost never renew. They
did the same with Tomba.

Haven't y'all about worn that axe to a nub by now?
Old April 11th 06, 07:57 PM

Mary Malmros wrote:
down_hill wrote in news:e1gcmd
:

Bode Miller loses one of his main sponsors

...except that it didn't happen "as some predicted". Seems Barilla's
standard contract is a three-year deal, and they almost never renew. They
did the same with Tomba.

Of course. That Tomba guy was known to occasionally to *gasp* drink.

Haven't y'all about worn that axe to a nub by now?

Old April 12th 06, 04:10 AM

"down_hill" wrote in message
Bode Miller loses one of his main sponsors

http://news.mainetoday.com/apwire/D8GR8Q081-96.shtml

Looks as if you could have "predicted" this one three years ago. I liked
the spin though. Still trying to make Bode look like a bad guy after a
pretty damn great WC season and a great finish to the season at the US
Nationals.

Maybe Barilla will sign ths guy now?
http://celebrity.aol.com/people/atao...0138_2,00.html
--
Marty

Old April 12th 06, 04:19 PM

Marty wrote:
"down_hill" wrote in message

Bode Miller loses one of his main sponsors

http://news.mainetoday.com/apwire/D8GR8Q081-96.shtml

Looks as if you could have "predicted" this one three years ago. I liked
the spin though. Still trying to make Bode look like a bad guy after a
pretty damn great WC season and a great finish to the season at the US
Nationals.

Maybe Barilla will sign ths guy now?
http://celebrity.aol.com/people/atao...0138_2,00.html
--
Marty

Marty
You should go to Bodefest at Bretton woods, all his sponsors were
represented last year. Yes they serve many Barilla pasta dishes at the
dinner. Plus it is great to watch him ski the same course as you did. I
caught one of his runs last year from the chair lift. He is such a great
skiers, he makes it look too easy.
Plus the friday night of Bodefest is a reception with drinks and you
never know what comments will be released by the man.

I can not go this year, my knee is not healed enough. Plus my doctor &
family will not let me use one ski with out riggers to run in race.

michael

I am going to try and get down to my wax room and wax summerize the
ski's for summer vacation. I have my pond filter system about 90%
functioning and need to balance the flow. Do you know how hard it is to
do plumbing and yard work on one leg?
Old April 12th 06, 07:18 PM

down_hill wrote:

[...]

Wish I could go. I watched him at the Beaver Creek WC this year. He
does stuff that others would never recover from, let alone win the race
(his GS at BC is an example - it was not human).

Hey, I hope you heal 100% in time for next year. And... plumbing and
yard work is hard enough with two good knees. I discovered (by pure
luck), that one of my sprinkler valves blew up this morning. If I had
left for work without heading downstairs and hearing that water
running, I would have just figured that the water on the sidewalk was
simply left over from the sysem runnign this morning. I can't even
begin to imagine the amount of new yard work that I may have eneded up
with by the time I got home tonight.
--
Marty

Old April 12th 06, 09:10 PM

down_hill wrote:
He is such a great
skiers, he makes it look too easy.

IMO all of those guys (and gals) are extraordinary.
A regular covey of former WC/Olympic skiers around the mountain sure
encourages a growing boy to step up his skiing...
Old April 12th 06, 10:44 PM

Marty wrote:

down_hill wrote:

[...]

I am pretty sure I will me 100% by next winter. Maybe 110% since I plan
on working out when I get doctors permission. I am feeling better and
just unpacked my ski bags and resetup wax room, wire brushed ski's and
rewaxed for summer storage.
Old April 13th 06, 09:43 PM

down_hill wrote:
Bode Miller loses one of his main sponsors

http://news.mainetoday.com/apwire/D8GR8Q081-96.shtml

Now he's got minor league baseball teams ragging him:
http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3294316

Old April 14th 06, 02:11 AM

ignore, only a test.