Wnna buy a PC ?

Old March 2nd 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,alt.tv.smallville
Yabahoobs

Default Wnna buy a PC ?

Sorry for the spam. Not a single damn bid on my eBay ad...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=tab%3DSelling
Old March 2nd 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,alt.tv.smallville
BC

Yaba,

I think I see a few problems for Ebay:

1. My guess is that it has USB 2.0 but you didn't state that.

2. Video memory may be too small for 3D gamers trying to run on a big
screen.

3. Any item with a high starting bid usually gets zero bidders. Better
maybe to place a reserve on it.

4. The shipping cost looks too high. I just bought two IBM Slectric IIIs
and one was $40 which I thought was too high and the other was a reasonable
$27. I think the weight would be about the same or the IBMs could be
heavier. High shipping costs are a death sentence. Some sellers will
figure in a bunch of profit in the shipping cost.
BC

Old March 2nd 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,alt.tv.smallville
Yabahoobs

"Yabahoobs" wrote in message

Sorry for the spam. Not a single damn bid on my eBay ad...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...13989433&_trks...

Thanks man...I'll give it a shot. I just estimated that shipping
cost.

You really think 640 mb card is too small for hardcore gamers ??
Anyway I relisted it 250 bucks cheaper at 1750.
Old March 2nd 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,alt.tv.smallville
BC

"Yabahoobs" wrote in message

Sorry for the spam. Not a single damn bid on my eBay ad...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...13989433&_trks...

Thanks man...I'll give it a shot. I just estimated that shipping
cost.

You really think 640 mb card is too small for hardcore gamers ??
Anyway I relisted it 250 bucks cheaper at 1750.

Some newer systems use the computer RAM I think. but check some of the
stores for the high end cards -- i thought they were a gig. I'm sure it is
good enough for computer monitors but some people are moving to the newer
big LCD displays (HDTV's). My 32 inch will take a computer input. But my
set is only 1280 x 768 the big ones 1900 x 1080.

You should try putting a reserve on it and then a much lower starting bid.
Then maybe a Buy It Now for 1750. Keep the shipping costs as low as
possible. You should insure it yourself to avoid problems -- just eat it.
Pack it really well -- lots of bubble wrap and then foam blocks or peanuts.

If it doesn't sell again then try Craigs list -- ask for cash and local
pickup. I've had some good luck selling furniture and a guitar pedal with
Craigslist.com
BC