Fwd: Announcement from Mt. Waterman

Old February 22nd 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Default Fwd: Announcement from Mt. Waterman

Hello to all Mount Waterman ski/snowboarders!!

We would like to thank everyone who came up last weekend and made our
grand opening so successful.

Thanks to all the Ski Patrol and also to the new Mount Waterman Ski /
Snowboard School. These guys are all volunteers and they are always
helping around the mountain, making sure everything runs smoothly. We
could not do it without them! Also Cal Trans has done a great job thru
all the challenges they faced getting the roads open. Thank you! If you
see them on the road, slow down, lets not make their job any more
difficult than it already is.

*_IMPORTANT: WHEN YOU COME UP THIS WEEKEND MAKE SURE YOU COME UP BEFORE
10:00 AM,AS THERE IS A BIKE RACE GOING ON AND THE CREST WILL BE CLOSED
TILL 2:00.OR YOU CAN COME UP THRU BIG TUJUNGA OFF OF THE 210 FWY IN
SUNLAND._*

Everyone has been asking questions about hours of operation ski
school etc...

Here are some answers.

We will be open Saturdays and Sundays 8:30 to 4:30 only. We need three
ski patrol during the week to operate and we have not found any one yet.
If you know of anyone please email ski patrol at
http://www.m****ermanpatrol.org/index.html. so we can open during the week.

Starting this weekend *Lessons are Available at Mount Waterman!*

We have experienced ski and snowboard instructors that can
teach all levels from beginners to the advanced.

Lesson times are as follows: 10:30 Am and 1:30 PM

Pricá0* Group Ski or Snow Board Lessons Rate $30.00 1 hour lesson

Private Ski or Snow Board Lessons Rate $75.00 1st person
$25.00 ea additional 1 hour lesson

(Age 6 is the minimum age to receive lessons)

*Note:* Since we currently do not offer rental equipment at Mount
Waterman, you must bring your own equipment or rent from Sport Chalet in
order to receive lesson at the ski area. Go to the lessons tab on our
site and you will find the link to Sport Chalet. Lessons can be
purchased at the ticket office on the day you show up. No reservations
are required.

*For more info:* please send us a email to:

We will have shirts for sale soon at the lodge, or you will be able to
go to the web site and find a shopping cart where we can send a shirt
to anywhere in the world. I will keep you informed.

For my sake, please make one last run in my name as I have not yet been
able to ski my beloved Mt Waterman. We are expecting our second little
ski bum any day and I am sure as soon as I go up I will get a call that
my wife is in labor.

Ski/board hard and remember to drive safely up and down that hill.

Peace to all of you.

Tico