Map of european ski resorts

Old November 4th 03, 03:43 PM
VisionSet

Default Map of european ski resorts

Simple request, impossible to google for.

I'll settle for one just of Savoie, or anything with any resort locations
anywhere in Europe!

On-line naturally, I don't do shopping.

--
Mike W

Old November 4th 03, 04:37 PM
Paul Schofield

"VisionSet" wrote in message

Simple request, impossible to google for.

I'll settle for one just of Savoie, or anything with any resort locations
anywhere in Europe!

On-line naturally, I don't do shopping.

--
Mike W

It might be a bit crude but try
http://www.meteo.fr/meteonet_en/temp.../mont/mont.htm - its the
French weather site and you can select your region and show the resorts (and
go to them for weather conditions & forecasts). Gives you a rough idea of
the layout then try www.multimap.co.uk to get an accurate map for each
resort.

Dare say something similar for other countries.

--
Paul Schofield

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

Old November 4th 03, 04:40 PM
Paul Schofield

"VisionSet" wrote in message

Simple request, impossible to google for.

I'll settle for one just of Savoie, or anything with any resort locations
anywhere in Europe!

On-line naturally, I don't do shopping.

--
Mike W

Or try http://www.ski-ride-france.com/map/map.htm but you need flash 5
plug-in

--
Paul Schofield

Old November 5th 03, 08:59 AM
Djuro

"VisionSet" wrote in message ...
Simple request, impossible to google for.

I'll settle for one just of Savoie, or anything with any resort locations
anywhere in Europe!

On-line naturally, I don't do shopping.

Try:

http://uk.weather.com/index.html

go to sports and find out the weather for your resort

http://www.snow-forecast.com/

Good for weather, maps and other info

http://www.ifyouski.com/

a wealth of information

Hope you find this all useful

Regards

Djuro
Old November 5th 03, 09:27 AM
AnyBody43

"Paul Schofield" wrote in message ...
"VisionSet" wrote in message

Simple request, impossible to google for.

I'll settle for one just of Savoie, or anything with any resort locations
anywhere in Europe!

On-line naturally, I don't do shopping.

--
Mike W

Or try http://www.ski-ride-france.com/map/map.htm but you need flash 5
plug-in

Here is a list I compiled the other year, sorry I have not tested them
recently.

If you do go through the list you may care to update the comments and post
it back to the group.

I have a single sheet map which covers the whole of the Italian Alps and
Dolomites. It shows larger ski lifts. I suspect that other maps in the
same series cover other European countries. It did not cost a lot however
locating ski resorts is not easy, they are not specially marked for
easy identification. I could try to look it out if you want to know the
publisher.

http://www.budgettravel.com/ski-swiss.htm
Skiing info for whole of Switzerland (and others?)

http://www.advonskis.com/switzerland.html, has Austria, others too
Has resort location map of Switzerland

http://www.travelvantage.com/ski_ger.html
Has resort location map of Switzerland, Austria, some Italy, +Chamonix, +Garmish.
Not all resorts shown.

http://www.ifyouski.com/Snow/forecasts/?Target=_top
Has weather maps that show European resorts and main cities.

http://www.cis.hut.fi/~kimmo/sports/ski/france.gif
Resort location map. Not bad.

http://www.thealps.com/
Resort location maps, not all resorts shown and only one country at a time.

http://www.ifyouski.com/resorts/airports/zurich/
Best resorts for Zurich Airport (with distances and travel times.)
Klosters is 1h 30m by car

http://gorp.com/gorp/activity/skiing/down_topeur.htm
10 best ski resorts in Europe. (says who?)
http://gorp.com/gorp/activity/skiing/down_topeura.htm
Location map of above.

http://www.skiagent.com/statemap.cfm/CO.htm
Resort location maps by state for the US.
Old November 5th 03, 09:54 AM
Jim Hutton

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 17:40:57 -0000, "Paul Schofield"
wrote:

"VisionSet" wrote in message

Simple request, impossible to google for.

I'll settle for one just of Savoie, or anything with any resort locations
anywhere in Europe!

On-line naturally, I don't do shopping.

--
Mike W

Or try http://www.ski-ride-france.com/map/map.htm but you need flash 5
plug-in

This is completely useless - a small map of all French ski resorts,
showing just blobs, plus links to each resort's website.

For French maps you need IGN, there seems to be no free resource.

For Austria, on the other hand, try http://www.austrianmap.at/ !!

I once found a site for Austria which had actual piste maps, not just
the usual imaginative rendering that resorts give out. Can anyone
help with the URL for this ??

Jim Hutton
Old November 5th 03, 11:43 AM
Paul Schofield

wrote:

"VisionSet" wrote in message

Simple request, impossible to google for.

I'll settle for one just of Savoie, or anything with any resort

locations
anywhere in Europe!

On-line naturally, I don't do shopping.

--
Mike W

Or try http://www.ski-ride-france.com/map/map.htm but you need flash 5
plug-in

This is completely useless - a small map of all French ski resorts,
showing just blobs, plus links to each resort's website.

Actually I read the OP's vague requirement as requiring a map which showed
the relative positions of the resorts not piste maps. Perhaps Mike could
elaborate so we can provide something close to what he actually wants.

--
Paul Schofield

Old November 5th 03, 01:33 PM
VisionSet

"Paul Schofield" wrote in message

Or try http://www.ski-ride-france.com/map/map.htm but you need flash 5
plug-in

This is completely useless - a small map of all French ski resorts,
showing just blobs, plus links to each resort's website.

Actually I read the OP's vague requirement as requiring a map which showed
the relative positions of the resorts not piste maps. Perhaps Mike could
elaborate so we can provide something close to what he actually wants.

Well I mentioned one for Savoie area, and I would like to see ski resorts
positioned on it. That gives you an idea of the sort of scale/detail I'm
after.
Anyhow there are plenty of links provided that seem to fit the bill.
Thanks folks.

--
Mike W

Old November 5th 03, 01:56 PM
VisionSet

--
Mike W

"VisionSet" wrote in message

Simple request, impossible to google for.

I'll settle for one just of Savoie, or anything with any resort

locations
anywhere in Europe!

On-line naturally, I don't do shopping.

--
Mike W

Or try http://www.ski-ride-france.com/map/map.htm but you need flash 5
plug-in

http://www.ski-ride-france.com/map/imgmap/alpsmaps.pdf

Perfect thanks!

Anyone have anything similar to this for Austria, Italy, Switzerland?

I'm still going through the other links.

--
Mike W