Goin' Big For Warren Miller

Old January 31st 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

Default Goin' Big For Warren Miller

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:12:15 -0500, Walt
wrote this crap:

Why not? I skied a couple of runs with the #1 women's national downhill
mountain bike champion. Not only that, I was introduced to a Nobel
Prize winner and exercised with the #6 winningest jockey EVER.

Top that, yahoos!

I took the brown acid at Woodstock.

No you didn't.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old January 31st 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
klaus

VtSkier wrote:
Walt wrote:
Walt wrote:
Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Well, why not. You've taken the contrary position
based on other assertions. Why not this one?

Because then I'd be arguing with myself.

No, you wouldn't.

*YES*, I Would.

And I'm not going there. People might think I'm crazy.

//Walt

Nah, just bored and jonesing for some
white stuff.

I have no argoment here. "Wild Snow":
http://www.xmission.com/~klaus/tmp/deep.jpg

That's my driveway 10 minutes ago.

-klaus

Old January 31st 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

VtSkier wrote:

Nah, just bored and jonesing for some
white stuff.

We have surplus. Come haul it away.

P.S. No moguls in the wild snow.
Old January 31st 08, 07:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki

VtSkier wrote:
BrritSki wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
BrritSki wrote:
Walt wrote:
BrritSki wrote:
Walt wrote:
BrritSki wrote:
snoig wrote:

Here's a chart that may help:
http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/care_less.html

Oooh, that a nice link for correcting one of my personal betes
noires. Thanks !

Really? I could care less.

The argument thread is over there ---

No, it isn't.

I don't think that comma's necessary...

Yes, it is...

No it isn't..

See ?

All semblance of seriousness aside:
The comma give more gravity and weight to
the statement.

Say it (not just read it) with and without
the comma. The pause makes the statement
have more strength.

I didn't say it was wrong, just unnecessary, unlike the commas in the
sentence you are reading (although they could be hyphens).
Old January 31st 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:12:15 -0500, Walt
wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Wait a minute! Are we back to the name-dropping
game to pass a day when we aren't skiing?

Why not? I skied a couple of runs with the #1 women's national downhill
mountain bike champion. Not only that, I was introduced to a Nobel
Prize winner and exercised with the #6 winningest jockey EVER.

Top that, yahoos!

I took the brown acid at Woodstock.

I _made_ the brown acid at Woodstock.

bw
Old January 31st 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:38:43 -0700 (MST), klaus
wrote:

VtSkier wrote:
Walt wrote:
Walt wrote:
Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Well, why not. You've taken the contrary position
based on other assertions. Why not this one?

Because then I'd be arguing with myself.

No, you wouldn't.

*YES*, I Would.

And I'm not going there. People might think I'm crazy.

//Walt

Nah, just bored and jonesing for some
white stuff.

I have no argoment here. "Wild Snow":
http://www.xmission.com/~klaus/tmp/deep.jpg

That's my driveway 10 minutes ago.

And you don't have what it takes to ski it.

bw
Old January 31st 08, 02:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

bdubya wrote:

I _made_ the brown acid at Woodstock.

Hey, Owsley! I thought you were dead!
Old February 27th 08, 04:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Bob Lee wrote:
Jeff Davis wrote:

... skier stabalixed snow ...

Classic.

Thoe moguls have been covered for weeks. Can't even feel them. Makes for
sweet runs with minimal risk. You are completely ignorant of skiing the
Tetons. You publish stupidity. All you had left was spelling flames.

So tell me. When you catch air how do you do an edge grab if your skis are
floppin loose heeled under you like a limp dick? I forgot. You don't have
a dick so you have no frame of reference. You're a Dickless ****ing ****.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 27th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
snoig wrote:

Here's a chart that may..

You're the ****ing moron that published your condolences on our bad snow
year in December. It's been dick deep for 6 weeks and you missed it. Nobody
gives a **** about an ignorant ****wad like you publishing bull****.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."