Baheemya again

Old February 15th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

Default Baheemya again

Once again, anybody happens to be at Bohemia this weekend, say hello
(I'll be on the bright orange 190 cm Volkls)

If anybody's curious about real-time conditions, check here (daylight
hours only)
www.pasty.com/lodge/ocampic.jpg
If you can't see the hill, we're getting snow.

bw
Old February 15th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

bdubya wrote:

(I'll be on the bright orange 190 cm Volkls)

Good on you.

Found a third pair of p-30s for a backup, $20, mounted with a derbyflex
plate and nearly unused. Remounted, test drove, and stockpiled in
basement last month.

First pair pretty beat - retired to rock skis.
Second pair skiing now and holding up well.

I like these skis.

There's another guy in the locker room also skiing p-30s.
(Maybe they'll be like Flexons and have another life? Nah, not a chance.)
Old February 15th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

bdubya wrote:
Once again, anybody happens to be at Bohemia this weekend, say hello
(I'll be on the bright orange 190 cm Volkls)

I'll be at Nubs this weekend, as per usual. Maybe not as adventurous,
but about 16 hours less time in the car. I could be at Iceface or KMart
by the time I drove to B'hemia.

Anyway, if anybody's going to Nubs, look for the guy on the five stars
with the bad attitude.

//Walt

Old February 15th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 03:28:11 GMT, lal_truckee
wrote:

bdubya wrote:

(I'll be on the bright orange 190 cm Volkls)

Good on you.

Found a third pair of p-30s for a backup, $20, mounted with a derbyflex
plate and nearly unused. Remounted, test drove, and stockpiled in
basement last month.

Congrats. Truly, Ullr smiles upon ye.

I've demo'd/rented a few different sticks in the modern "short, wide"
idiom. The K2 Apexes from the Bohemia shack (174s) are the only thing
I've found that's remotely satisfactory. They're easier to swing
around in the tight trees, but still...it's like trading a scalpel
for a steak knife.

bw
Old February 15th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 22:35:41 -0500, Walt
wrote:

Anyway, if anybody's going to Nubs, look for the guy on the five stars
with the bad attitude.

If you need a reason to smile, just imagine what the liftlines are
like across the road...

bw
Old February 17th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

bdubya wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 22:35:41 -0500, Walt wrote:

Anyway, if anybody's going to Nubs, look for the guy on the five stars
with the bad attitude.

If you need a reason to smile, just imagine what the liftlines are
like across the road...

Liftlines? There were no stinkin' liftlines. Not today at least.

Freezing rain turned the whole place into a hockey rink, and anybody out
in it would be soaked after about 15 minutes.

It was so nasty that I quit after only five hours. The tourists, of
course, scattered.

Looks like the storm missed the Keewenaw - a mixed blessing, I suppose.

//Walt

Old February 19th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bdubya

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:40:33 -0500, Walt
wrote:

bdubya wrote:
On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 22:35:41 -0500, Walt wrote:

Anyway, if anybody's going to Nubs, look for the guy on the five stars
with the bad attitude.

If you need a reason to smile, just imagine what the liftlines are
like across the road...

Liftlines? There were no stinkin' liftlines. Not today at least.

Freezing rain turned the whole place into a hockey rink, and anybody out
in it would be soaked after about 15 minutes.

It was so nasty that I quit after only five hours. The tourists, of
course, scattered.

Looks like the storm missed the Keewenaw - a mixed blessing, I suppose.

The storm passed south, but the cold air that came in behind it got
the lake effect going very nicely. It started to snow around noon
Sunday, dropped about 4 inches by the time the lifts closed, and kept
on overnight and through mid-day today. At 9:30 this AM, there were
six cars in the lot (counting ours), and 8-12" of new on most of the
hill (the Haunted Valley, facing north, was wind-buffed firm, but
there were a few stashes of knee-deep to be found on the south-facing
glades.) Fresh tracks all morning. We had to split around 1 to
start the drive back, but it was a very fine day nonetheless.

bw

Baheemya calls bdubya Alpine Skiing 7 January 23rd 08 01:04 PM
Baheemya season pass deal returns bdubya Alpine Skiing (moderated) 0 September 28th 05 11:05 PM
Mt. Baheemya news (season pass sale) bdubya Alpine Skiing 4 October 23rd 04 12:26 AM