What are the conditions at Gore & Whiteface?

Old December 23rd 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

Default What are the conditions at Gore & Whiteface?

I will be going to both Gore and Whiteface after Christmas to ski. Has
anyone skied at either place this season and if so what are the skiing
condition like. I have never skied at either place but have visited Lake
Placid this summer on a drive through. What are the least expensive lodging
in both areas, it will be for my son and myself we don't need anything fancy
just be clean and warm.

Any help would be appreciated, we both have season passes Gore and
Whiteface. They had the best season pass deal since American Ski Company
sold out that was a real deal 6 different ski resorts for a lower price many
had for just one ski area.

Thanks,

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old January 2nd 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

"JQ" wrote in message
I will be going to both Gore and Whiteface after Christmas to ski. Has
anyone skied at either place this season and if so what are the skiing
condition like. I have never skied at either place but have visited Lake
Placid this summer on a drive through. What are the least expensive
lodging in both areas, it will be for my son and myself we don't need
anything fancy just be clean and warm.

Any help would be appreciated, we both have season passes Gore and
Whiteface. They had the best season pass deal since American Ski Company
sold out that was a real deal 6 different ski resorts for a lower price
many had for just one ski area.

Thanks,

JQ
Dancing on the edge

I just got back from skiing 4 days at Gore and 1 at Whiteface.

Dec. 27 at Gore was hard packed with some icy spots and some icy runs. I
was impressed with the lay out here at Gore. I was impressed with the short
wait time in lift lines. The longest wait is on the gondola and they
weren't that bad.

Dec 28 took off was ill. Dec 29 it was raining at Gore so we went to
Whiteface, it wasn't too bad if you skied around the ice, had more snow than
at Gore. The lift lines here at Whiteface were also short and quick. It
will take me several trips back up before I will be able to do most of the
runs here. There are plenty to keep you going once the entire mountain is
open.

Dec 30 skied at Gore large patches of loose granular snow almost like skiing
in sand, under all this was rock hard ice. It was very hard skiing at least
for me. I began to wonder if this ski season was going to be this bad all
the time.

Dec 31 was back at Gore they had about 6 to 8" of fresh snow over night and
it snowed through the early part of the day. It was fantastic, this is what
I was wishing for!

Jan. 1, 2008 another great day with snow falling all morning into the
afternoon. About another 8 inches of fresh snow! This day was even better
than the day before, a great way to start the year out!

I hope everyone's Christmas was filled with much joy, happiness and love.
Let this new year be full of great snow, skiing and good health to all!

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Whiteface Roller Ski Results? ADK Skier Nordic Skiing 6 October 22nd 07 02:02 AM
Gore Mountain Schmoe Alpine Skiing 1 March 15th 05 08:08 PM
Whiteface, NY conditions? Chris Alpine Skiing 0 March 21st 04 02:02 PM
Trip Report Whiteface Auto Road William Sarokin Backcountry Skiing 0 February 1st 04 03:33 AM