5th Water Springs (Diamond Fork Canyon)

Old August 16th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Yabahoobs

Default 5th Water Springs (Diamond Fork Canyon)

I was told last year the hot springs in Diamond Fork Canyon (off Rt 6
heading southeast out of Spanish Fork) called 5th Water Springs (also
knows as the nude springs), are still readily accessible, but that the
road from Diamond Fork Canyon was blocked or closed....and that the
only way to access it is from "the other side", which Im assuming to be
from the north.

Anyone familiar with this great little spot ? what's the story ? As
winter nears, Im definatly planning on making the trip.

Old August 17th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
gr

Yabahoobs wrote:
I was told last year the hot springs in Diamond Fork Canyon (off Rt 6
heading southeast out of Spanish Fork) called 5th Water Springs (also
knows as the nude springs), are still readily accessible, but that the
road from Diamond Fork Canyon was blocked or closed....and that the
only way to access it is from "the other side", which Im assuming to be
from the north.

Anyone familiar with this great little spot ? what's the story ? As
winter nears, Im definatly planning on making the trip.

Soaknet seems to have a lot of recent info:
http://www.soak.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaB...num=1128619782

Most recent comments a

Soaker
*

Email

Gender: male

Diamond Fork Update
« Reply #10 on: Jun 8th, 2006, 8:40pm » Quote Quote Modify Modify
Long time no see at the best spring in Utah. I have been going up every
other week or so all year and haven't seen you for a while. The trail
"work" on the trail was done by the Forest Service to try and force us
to use the south trail. The washout is a little hazardous but still
much better than having to cross the creek two times. They also have
taken down the markers that show the way to the high trail on the north
side that they built several years ago. I sometimes wonder what
"service" the Forest Service actually provides. Hope to see sometime
when I'm "taking the the water"

Ken
Logged
Spike
Soaker
*

I like to soak. I'm an excellent soaker.

Gender: male

Diamond Fork Update
« Reply #11 on: Jun 12th, 2006, 9:52am » Quote Quote Modify Modify
Ken:
Good to hear from you too. I was wondering who the idiots were
that blocked the trail. Hey, I love Forest Service people, but that was
a waste of time. It's good to see the North trail open again.
I think I will be using the upper trail until they get the culvert
replaced at the lower trailhead. I'll need to get up to the springs on
a Sunday again to attend the "Fifth Water Ward services".
Also, maybe we could organize a party to clean out the main pools.
They haven't had a good cleaning since Ross and Marty used to do it.
Until then,
--Scott