Replacement laces for Salomon boots

Old February 25th 04, 01:46 PM
Dean

Default Replacement laces for Salomon boots

I have 2002/2003 Salomon Dialogue boots that need new laces. Every lace
that I've tried is either too thick or too soft for the Salomon locking
mechanism. Where do I find a lace that works? Or do I give up and tie
the laces?

Dean

Old February 25th 04, 02:21 PM
Keith

"Dean" wrote in message
I have 2002/2003 Salomon Dialogue boots that need new laces. Every lace
that I've tried is either too thick or too soft for the Salomon locking
mechanism. Where do I find a lace that works? Or do I give up and tie
the laces?

Dean

I'd expect Salomon to be able to provide you with some. Have you asked them?

Keith

Old February 25th 04, 02:43 PM
Mike T

I have 2002/2003 Salomon Dialogue boots that need new laces. Every
lace
that I've tried is either too thick or too soft for the Salomon

locking
mechanism. Where do I find a lace that works? Or do I give up and tie
the laces?

You should be able to get a new pair of laces plus locking mechanisms
for about US$6 from a Salomon dealer. They might need to order them
for you though, they may not stock them.

Old February 25th 04, 03:27 PM
Dean

You should be able to get a new pair of laces plus locking mechanisms
for about US$6 from a Salomon dealer. They might need to order them
for you though, they may not stock them.

True, but winter is over as far as retailing in my area is concerned.
Winter sport equipment is in storage and dealers won't be buying anything
until they stock for next winter. Can you provide me a dealer that handles
winter sports all year and will special order? The ones in my area won't do
that.

I'd expect Salomon to be able to provide you with some. Have you asked

them?

Salomon's web site does not provide contact information, only a "find a
dealer" feature. I recall someone reporting that Salomon would not deal
directly with him.

Dean

Old February 25th 04, 06:00 PM
Michael G. Matola

"Dean" wrote in message
You should be able to get a new pair of laces plus locking mechanisms
for about US$6 from a Salomon dealer. They might need to order them
for you though, they may not stock them.

True, but winter is over as far as retailing in my area is concerned.
Winter sport equipment is in storage and dealers won't be buying anything
until they stock for next winter. Can you provide me a dealer that handles
winter sports all year and will special order? The ones in my area won't

do
that.

I'd expect Salomon to be able to provide you with some. Have you asked

them?

Salomon's web site does not provide contact information, only a "find a
dealer" feature. I recall someone reporting that Salomon would not deal
directly with him.

Don't know if it's the same for snowboard boot laces, but last fall I needed
to replace the laces on my Salomon inline skates. Called up a good local
skate shop (Salomon dealer). They didn't stock them but they said they'd try
to get some from Salomon. Turns out they had to process it as defective
parts replacement. Ended up costing about US$7. I think there was some
weirdness too along the lines that Salomon wouldn't just mail the laces
directly to me; they'd send them only to the shop.

Mike Matola

Old February 26th 04, 04:29 AM
Jason Watkins

The dealer is your only source of parts for salomon. You'll never get
ahold of anyone at salomon corp. If I were you I'd just hit the phone
and call every dealer in your area... season or not it's their
obligation to handle your issue.

I had to get a new lace lock. Was not a big deal at all.
Old February 29th 04, 06:19 AM
Dmitry

"Dean" wrote

I have 2002/2003 Salomon Dialogue boots that need new laces. Every lace
that I've tried is either too thick or too soft for the Salomon locking
mechanism. Where do I find a lace that works? Or do I give up and tie
the laces?

You can get a spanking new lace/handle set for around $10 from Salomon
dealer. I broke the locking piece and got a new set from Borderline - they
even had it in stock.

Boots for Flow bindings? corbeau Snowboarding 0 February 4th 04 02:41 AM
Boots for Long Skinny Feet??? John Davison Snowboarding 6 November 19th 03 09:22 PM
Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider Brett Snowboarding 11 October 7th 03 02:02 AM
Salomon boots Biff Snowboarding 10 October 6th 03 09:17 AM
FS: Arbor Woodie, Vans Fargo boots My Name Snowboarding 0 October 2nd 03 05:27 AM