Val Thorens to Serre Chevalier

Old March 13th 05, 12:40 AM
Séan

Default Val Thorens to Serre Chevalier

Hi All
Anybody have any idea how long it takes to drive from Val Thorens to Serre
Chevalier on a Friday.
I need to do the trip the Friday after Easter...

TIA
DM

Old March 13th 05, 08:24 AM
Rob White

Do you have to drive? I looked at this for a friend recently - you can take
the Cime De Caron cablecar and then the Orelle lift down the other side.
Hitch or taxi to Modane, train to Oulx and then bus from the station to
Briacon station.

Rob

Old March 13th 05, 10:29 AM
Séan

"Rob White" wrote in message
Do you have to drive? I looked at this for a friend recently - you can
take
the Cime De Caron cablecar and then the Orelle lift down the other side.
Hitch or taxi to Modane, train to Oulx and then bus from the station to
Briacon station.

Rob

I'm picking up somebody (with luggage) so driving is the most favoured.

Do you know how long would the 'James Bond' (over the mountains) journey
take :-)

Old March 13th 05, 05:38 PM
Rob White

James Bond would do it in an hour, and shag Hallie Berry and kill all the
baddies on the way. But assuming that you are a mere mortal I guess 1/2
hour to hitch from Orelle to Modane, 90 mins for the train (I assume that
you'd just miss one and they run every hour) and then the bus, which I
believe takes about 90 mins. So I suppose driving looks like quite a good
idea.

Rob

Old March 14th 05, 06:51 AM
Marco Cattaneo

Mappy http://www.iti.fr/ says 2.5 hours to Briancon, 2 and 3/4 to Monnetier
les Bains, both via Frejus tunnel. A little optimistic in my opinion - Of
course it depends on how fast you drive...