Seeking Tahoe backcountry skiers/riders

Old February 9th 05, 06:29 AM
Jeff

Default Seeking Tahoe backcountry skiers/riders

Hello,

I live in Tahoe City during the winter, and while I'm an experienced
snowboarder and snowshoer, I'm new to backcountry skiing / riding. I love
it! I've got a splitboard, and I've done a few trips from the Mt. Rose
meadow; namely, Slide Mountain and Tamarack Peak. It would be great to meet
up with other folks who come up to this area, or the near vicinity, who
don't mind earning their turns.

Please post a response to this message if you're interested. You can also
email me at my jishaq GMail account.

Take it easy,
-Jeff

Old February 9th 05, 02:38 PM
Booker C. Bense

Old February 9th 05, 10:15 PM
AES

In article ,
"Jeff" wrote:

Hello,

I live in Tahoe City during the winter, and while I'm an experienced
snowboarder and snowshoer, I'm new to backcountry skiing / riding. I love
it! I've got a splitboard, and I've done a few trips from the Mt. Rose
meadow; namely, Slide Mountain and Tamarack Peak. It would be great to meet
up with other folks who come up to this area, or the near vicinity, who
don't mind earning their turns.

Please post a response to this message if you're interested. You can also
email me at my jishaq GMail account.

Take it easy,
-Jeff

Most of the day tours on the following web page may be too elementary
for you (certainly for Booker Bense!), but it previews many of the
easier areas in the Tahoe region and points to some other sources of
information:

http://www.stanford.edu/~siegman/tahoe_ski_touring.html

Have fun -- some family medical problems are keeping my wife and I from
revisiting any of these this winter.