Where to hire/buy snowboard in Banff

Old February 10th 04, 10:45 AM
Jeff

Default Where to hire/buy snowboard in Banff

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for recommendations on where to hire a board from in Banff? or
maybe I should buy one (if they're considerably cheaper than in the UK). I'm
not really bothered about having this years model, I need a shop with staff
who can advise me on the right board for me. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jeff

Old February 10th 04, 01:37 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Jeff wrote:
I'm looking for recommendations on where to hire a board from in Banff? or
maybe I should buy one (if they're considerably cheaper than in the UK). I'm
not really bothered about having this years model, I need a shop with staff
who can advise me on the right board for me. Any suggestions?

There are several good shops in Banff, and they're all within easy
walking distance. Why not take a stroll around town one evening and
find the store you're most comfortable with? Unlimited and Rude Boys
are two of the established shops. If you want something cheap there's
also a Sport Chek (discount chain) in town.

Old February 11th 04, 09:01 AM
Baz

"Neil Gendzwill" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:
I'm looking for recommendations on where to hire a board from in Banff?

or
maybe I should buy one (if they're considerably cheaper than in the UK).

I'm
not really bothered about having this years model, I need a shop with

staff
who can advise me on the right board for me. Any suggestions?

There are several good shops in Banff, and they're all within easy
walking distance. Why not take a stroll around town one evening and
find the store you're most comfortable with? Unlimited and Rude Boys
are two of the established shops. If you want something cheap there's
also a Sport Chek (discount chain) in town.

Was in Banff for week of 10th Jan.
Got my boots/board in Ultimate Ski & Ride
http://www.ultimatebanff.com/
Went for the deluxe package for 6 days riding, got a lovely new 155 Salomon
board, and the boots were so new they still had the tags on and the paper
stuffed in the toes!!
I forget the exact cost in CAN$, but I remember it was something like 75GBP
on my bank statement when I got home - which I thought was fantastic, as it
included additional insurance, and was cheaper than the standard package
offered by our operator.

Excellent service, they dropped them off at our hotel, and picked them up at
the end of the week, too.
They were even good enough to switch my bindings back to goofy one evening
whilst I walked around the town looking for a Visa ATM (they're not labelled
very well), after I'd remembered that I wasn't normal!

Baz

Old February 11th 04, 01:56 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Baz wrote:
Got my boots/board in Ultimate Ski & Ride [snip]

Yeah, forgot to mention - for rentals, you're better off in town. The
rates are usually better, and even if they're not you avoid the zoo that
is equipment rental at the hill.