inexpensive hotels in VT

Old October 30th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
dana woods

Default inexpensive hotels in VT

Can anyone recommend inexpensive hotels around Killington, Shugarbush or Jay
Peak. I am willing to drive 30 to 60 min to get to the ski areas. I have
found v. few myself less than 100/night, am hoping for 50-75/night.

Dana Woods

Old October 31st 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
JQ

"dana woods" wrote in message
m...
Can anyone recommend inexpensive hotels around Killington, Shugarbush or
Jay
Peak. I am willing to drive 30 to 60 min to get to the ski areas. I have
found v. few myself less than 100/night, am hoping for 50-75/night.

Dana Woods

Hi Dana,
I stay at the Royal Hotel (The last time I was there they seemed to be
changing names but still under same ownership) which is in
Rutland going towards Killington, they charge between $60-70 per night.

The others charge more but if you can find a discounted flyer/ad then that
may be the way to go.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old October 31st 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

dana woods wrote:
Can anyone recommend inexpensive hotels around Killington, Shugarbush or Jay
Peak. I am willing to drive 30 to 60 min to get to the ski areas. I have
found v. few myself less than 100/night, am hoping for 50-75/night.

Dana Woods

At Killington
Turn of River Lodge on Rte 4
This may fit your budget and is still very close.

At Sugarbush
Peppers on German Flats Road used to be very
reasonable, but have new owners now and I don't
know any more.

Otherwise, look in the larger towns nearby.
Rutland for Killington has lots of very
ordinary motels.

Montperlier/Barre for Sugarbush

and Jay is hell an gone out in the middle of
nowhere.
Old October 31st 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

dana woods wrote:
Can anyone recommend inexpensive hotels around Killington, Shugarbush or Jay
Peak. I am willing to drive 30 to 60 min to get to the ski areas. I have
found v. few myself less than 100/night, am hoping for 50-75/night.

This looks promising. Never stayed there, though...

http://www.snowlinelodge.com/

Old November 4th 06, 11:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowyguy

When at Killington, drive over the pass to Pico and there are a few
quite reasonablely priced motels. I usually stay at K-Pico Motel which
is less than anything you'll find in Rutland. The only trouble with
this would be that sometimes the pass is trecherous and on rare
occasions is closed. I've heard stories of long delays getting back
in the evenings. However, you can depend on skiing Pico if it's a
question of a powder day. Sugar and Stowe are more expensive. Jay
lies near Newport which has a few excellent reasonably priced motels.
However, if you want fresh powder on the weekends (and there's a lot of
it), you should stay slopeside. Unfortunately, there's a rather steep
climb on the drive up, so you do need a vehicle with good traction if
it is snowing.

Park City Hotels Schmoe Alpine Skiing 5 January 12th 06 01:44 PM
Morzine Hotels Snorer European Ski Resorts 2 January 5th 06 09:58 AM
Hotels for a weekend in Flaine J.B. Memascii European Ski Resorts 20 March 12th 04 08:28 AM
Hotels reached by skis or telecabine alone funkraum European Ski Resorts 7 February 23rd 04 02:40 PM
St Anton Hotels Ians European Ski Resorts 2 January 16th 04 10:21 AM