Comeback for Alsgaard - in biathlon!!

Old November 14th 03, 08:28 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

Default Comeback for Alsgaard - in biathlon!!

Yes, it is indeed true, Thomas Alsgaard will make a national comeback
tomorrow in our national biathlon season opening. Only time will show how
serious this biathlon comeback is. He has also started a new career as a
rally driver. He is very interested in motor sports. He has also been hired
as new XC side or "expert" commentator for the leading Norwegian broadcaster
NRK TV.

Old November 14th 03, 09:50 PM
Rob Bradlee

And he'll be visiting West Yellowstone Montana at the end of the month
as the guest of Madshus, Alpine, and Toko. I get to meet him!

Rob Bradlee

--- Inger Skramstad Jrstad wrote:
Yes, it is indeed true, Thomas Alsgaard will make a national comeback
tomorrow in our national biathlon season opening. Only time will show
how
serious this biathlon comeback is. He has also started a new career
as a
rally driver. He is very interested in motor sports. He has also been
hired
as new XC side or "expert" commentator for the leading Norwegian
broadcaster
NRK TV.

=====
Rob Bradlee
Java, C++, Perl, XML, OOAD, Linux, and Unix Training

Old November 14th 03, 10:26 PM
J999w

Sounds like that woman Russian skier from the late '80's ... was it Elena
Retsova? Took a crack at Biathalon ... couldn't shoot but made up for it by
burning up out on the course.

That rally racing isn't for the faint of heart, that takes some serious guts.
That Colin McRae has ice in his veins !

jw
milwaukee
Old November 14th 03, 11:03 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"J999w" skrev i melding
Sounds like that woman Russian skier from the late '80's ... was it Elena

Retsova? Took a crack at Biathalon ... couldn't shoot but made up for it by
burning up out on the course.

Anyone remember Norwegian Grete Ingeborg Nykkelmo? She was a top
international XC skier, but left XC for biathlon. She could never really
shoot straight, but compensated for that by skiing faster than the rest.
Today, many of our very best biathlon skiers are also top XC racers, like
Lars Berger and Ole Einar Bjørndalen

Old November 14th 03, 11:05 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Rob Bradlee" skrev i melding
.com...
And he'll be visiting West Yellowstone Montana at the end of the month
as the guest of Madshus, Alpine, and Toko. I get to meet him!

Alsgaard is a multi-talented athlete, who can do well in several different
sports, if he puts his heart into it.

Old November 15th 03, 12:22 PM
Jay Tegeder

I heard he will only meet Alpina sponsored skiers and will not talk to
Rossi, Atomic and Fischer athletes. Plus, he plans to put klister on
the skating skis of the other teams when they are not looking... He is
also thinking about doing some rally driving on the Rendezvous ski
trails...

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

Old November 15th 03, 12:25 PM
Jay Tegeder

Yes, we remember Grete. I think all of Norway will be expecting her
daughters to be on the Norwegian Ski Team in another decade. She
married some fast guy who won two classic gold medals at the
Albertville Olympics... Class? Anyone?

Jay Tegeder
"On the podium if the right people don't show up!" JT

"J999w" skrev i melding

Old November 15th 03, 02:20 PM
Jeff Potter

THERE YA GO, JAY! : ) Boy, I sure hope you get that book today...

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old November 15th 03, 10:19 PM
Trukweaz

Looks like Alsgaard did his first biathlon today. He missed 2 prone and all 5
standing. Finished almost 5 minutes back!
http://www.frozenbullet.com/results/...-nor-spr-m.htm
Some of those biathlon guys can skate!

KP
Old November 15th 03, 11:02 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"Trukweaz" skrev i melding
Looks like Alsgaard did his first biathlon today. He missed 2 prone and

all 5
standing. Finished almost 5 minutes back!
http://www.frozenbullet.com/results/...-nor-spr-m.htm
Some of those biathlon guys can skate!

Absolutely. Frode Andresen came in second yesterday, Ole Einar Bjørndalen
fourth. Other biathlon skiers did well, too.