Photo of Alsgaard wanted

Old October 22nd 03, 06:29 PM
Rob Bradlee

Default Photo of Alsgaard wanted

I'd like to find a photo of Thomas Alsgaard classic skiing. Ideally it
would be a head-on shot where he is skiing toward the camera. Also,
I'd like it to be from the last year or two. Any suggestions?

Rob Bradlee

Old October 22nd 03, 07:40 PM
Cloutier Jim

--0-1598552078-1066851340=:8988

I would use 'Google' search engine: http://www.google.com

1. type in desired name in search field

2. click images tab

3. should bring up plenty of images to choose from

Rob Bradlee wrote:
I'd like to find a photo of Thomas Alsgaard classic skiing. Ideally it
would be a head-on shot where he is skiing toward the camera. Also,
I'd like it to be from the last year or two. Any suggestions?

Rob Bradlee

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

--0-1598552078-1066851340=:8988

DIV id=0/DIV
PBRI would use 'Google' search engine:  A href="http://www.google.com"http://www.google.com/A/P
P1. type in desired name in search field/P
P2. click images tab/P
P3. should bring up plenty of images to choose fromBR/PSPAN id=hbblockLABEL id=HbSession SessionId="814335343"/LABEL
DIVBRBRBIRob Bradlee >/I/B wrote:
BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"BRI'd like to find a photo of Thomas Alsgaard classic skiing. Ideally itBRwould be a head-on shot where he is skiing toward the camera. Also,BRI'd like it to be from the last year or two. Any suggestions?BRBRRob BradleeBRBRBRBRBR/BLOCKQUOTE/DIV/SPANBRBRDTSTRONGFONT color=#800000"If a man does his best, what else is there?"/FONT/STRONG BR- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)/DTphr SIZE=1
Do you Yahoo!?br
a href="http://shopping.yahoo.com/?__yltc=s%3A150000443%2Cd%3A22708228%2Cslk%3Atext% 2Csec%3Amail"The New Yahoo! Shopping/a - with improved product search
--0-1598552078-1066851340=:8988--

Old October 22nd 03, 08:32 PM
Marsh Jones

Like this?

http://www.skinnyski.com/racing/arti...lracing10.html

Old October 22nd 03, 08:50 PM
Rob Bradlee

Great suggestion! Thanks.

Check out this photo:

www.skinnyski.com/racing/articles/ intlracing10.html

Notice the hand position of Alsgaard using the Toko 232 grip system vs.
Ulvang's arm in that old photo in the fasterskier.com article. What a
change!

Rob Bradlee wrote:
I'd like to find a photo of Thomas Alsgaard classic skiing. Ideally
it
would be a head-on shot where he is skiing toward the camera. Also,
I'd like it to be from the last year or two. Any suggestions?

Rob Bradlee

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

=====
Rob Bradlee
Java, C++, Perl, XML, OOAD, Linux, and Unix Training

Old October 23rd 03, 12:05 AM
sknyski

Do an image search on Google for Thomas Alsgaard (or however it's
freakin' spelled) and there are a couple there. I looked.

bt
Old October 23rd 03, 01:14 AM
Gary Jacobson

Couldn't find the photo on skinny ski that Rob mentioned, but I know there
is a good one included in 2002(?) National Ski Foundation calendar. I used
it as cover for my training log.

Rob, my roller skis are hereby bequeathed to you should I pass on due to
unanticipated complications of flu vaccination.

Gary Jacobson
(snowyish) Rosendale, NY

om...

Old October 23rd 03, 02:29 AM
Jeff Potter

Rob Bradlee wrote:

Great suggestion! Thanks.

Check out this photo:

www.skinnyski.com/racing/articles/ intlracing10.html

Notice the hand position of Alsgaard using the Toko 232 grip system vs.
Ulvang's arm in that old photo in the fasterskier.com article. What a
change!

Huh?

OK, we look at: http://www.skinnyski.com/racing/arti...lracing10.html

Then we look at: http://www.fasterskier.com/training.php?id=568

Ulvang is in mid power phase of poling. Alsgaard's pole is finished and in
the air. Two different phases. I suppose Tom would still be more upright.
Maybe Ulvang is going up a steeper hill? Tom looks to be cresting one.
Ulvang looks more slouched and powering. Tom is more upright. Is Tom much
taller than Ulvang? I dunno how much we can learn from this comparison
except to LET ME GET OUT THERE AND START TRAINING HARDER NOW THAT MY COLD
IS ALMOST OVER so I can use my own special style to put the hurt on ya'll
this winter! : )

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old October 23rd 03, 02:35 AM
Jeff Potter

PS: I *have* been stepping up the spear-throwing even during my cold. And
some of that firewood was just ITCHIN' to get thrown in a quality
plyometric power heave move that closely imitates backwards doublepoling.
I've also been canoepoling and testing my thermal adaption after falling
out of the canoe while poling in seated position and committing weight to
the pole while it was out far from the side of the boat...bad idea. Even
so...my AuSable Marathon pal did NOT pass me in his race boat as I was V1
canoepoling in my cruiser boat upstream.

PPS: I finally splurged and bought a quarter-acre of land next to the Pere
Marquette river AND a beaver pond on nice high forest ground up by
Baldwin. $1600, I don't mind saying. That's vacation land OYB-style, I
tell ya. Next step: get the chainsaw up there and get a road cut in to it!
Now THERE's a poling workout for ya! Actually, only a dozen trees will do
it, and give me trailerspace to boot. Too bad there are no ski or canoe
races within 50 miles of that side of the state. Odd, because that's where
all the public land and pristine rivers are. What's up with that?

--

Jeff Potter
****

Old October 23rd 03, 02:05 PM
Inger Skramstad Jørstad

"sknyski" skrev i melding
om...
Do an image search on Google for Thomas Alsgaard (or however it's
freakin' spelled) and there are a couple there. I looked.

You spell it quite correctly, even though some people here also use the
Nordic letter å (Thomas Alsgård). What is most correct? I do not know, does
anybody?