Fantastic skiing

Old November 18th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default Fantastic skiing

Fantastic skiing

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=sjMsvS...eature=related

Have fun,
IS
Old November 18th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=sjMsvS...eature=related

No.

Bad skiing.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old November 18th 08, 07:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Nov 18, 7:19*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
Fantastic skiing

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=sjMsvS...eature=related

Have fun,
IS

What's so fantastic about that ?
Old November 18th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

wrote:

Fantastic skiing

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=sjMsvS...eature=related

Have fun,
IS

What's so fantastic about that ?

Or this:
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=__Faa8...eature=related

Or this:
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=-FA9f-...eature=related

Or his 2nd place in the Levi SL on Sunday.

I'm thinking another overall globe for him again this year (#3).
Maybe he'll get to add the DH globe too. With his SL strong, he's a
shoe in for the combined globe (again, would be his 4th one). ****,
why not the GS globe (again) and a 3rd SG globe. Maybe a few more
World Champ titles this year. If he bothers to show up at the US
champs, he can ad several more US titles. All this while training and
competing without the US Ski Team to "help" him. Ha! I love it!

Go Bode.
--
Marty
Old November 18th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Nov 18, 10:50 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:
http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=sjMsvS...eature=related

No.

Bad skiing.

Why, because he didn't fall or bust his knees?

IS

Old November 18th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Hey, I'm not saying he's not a fantastic skier; he very obviously is...

....but that is not a demonstration of his fantastic skiing. That's a
failure of his fantastic skiing.

Old November 18th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Nov 18, 3:01*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

[...]

http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg- Hide quoted text -

Okay. But still, I think that there is great skiing to make the
podium and then there is great skiing to avoid never seeing the podium
again.
--
Marty
Old November 18th 08, 10:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

wrote:

[...]

Nope. A great recovery isn't great skiing.

Great skiing is never needing to recover.

Old November 19th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Nov 18, 3:31*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

[...]

I agree, great skiers ski almost flawlessly from time to time.

As another exmaple of what I'm taking about, did you watch Lindsey
Vonn's 2nd run in the Levi SL on Satrurday? Agressive skiing, BIG
mistake, followed by a great recovery and the win. Great skiing -
recovery and all. Great skiing is indeed having to be able to recover
- not always for the win, but sometimes just to finish and mostly to
keep from getting injured.
--
Marty
Old November 19th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

wrote:
Fantastic skiing

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=sjMsvS...eature=related

Have fun,
IS

At this point in the year, any skiing would be great skiing. Looks
like a late start for the PNW. Nothing on the ground at Whistler,
either, or Sun Valley, too warm most of the last couple weeks to make
snow.
WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Hey, at least the Warren Miller movie is this weekend.

Two Buddha

Vail: Makes snow like a mountain should.