meribel ski maps

Old November 12th 04, 06:12 PM
Murray

Default meribel ski maps

I just signed up for a ski trip to Meribel, France. Where can I get ski
maps of the area so I can start planning my skiing.

Old November 12th 04, 07:31 PM
Sue

In message , Murray
writes
I just signed up for a ski trip to Meribel, France. Where can I get ski
maps of the area so I can start planning my skiing.

There's an incredibly useful .pdf pistemap to download from

http://www.les3vallees.com/uk/012_plan.html

A little picture of it opens in a separate window and you download from
there.
Once you've got it trapped in your PC you can enlarge it big enough to
actually read all the names and symbols, or reduce it for wider
planning. Why doesn't every resort do this?

--
Sue ];(
Old November 12th 04, 10:57 PM
Marinus

Murray wrote:
I just signed up for a ski trip to Meribel, France. Where can I get
ski maps of the area so I can start planning my skiing.

Send an e-mail to the local tourist office. They'll send you tonns of stuff,
mostly including a piste map.
Have fun.

Marinus

http://www.meribel.net/camera/fullsize.jpg

More about Meribel at:

http://snow.jeuring.com

Old November 15th 04, 07:34 AM
Paul Schofield

"Murray" wrote in message
I just signed up for a ski trip to Meribel, France. Where can I get ski
maps of the area so I can start planning my skiing.

Hi Murray, as a general resource www.skimaps.com have loads of maps of most
ski resorts - well worth a look wherever you're going. Specifically you
might try the new 3D map from www.mountmaps.com - it's £3.50 incl p+p so
have a word with Santa.

--
Paul Schofield

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

Old November 15th 04, 09:07 AM
Nick Hounsome

"Paul Schofield" wrote in message
.. .

Hi Murray, as a general resource www.skimaps.com have loads of maps of
most
ski resorts - well worth a look wherever you're going. Specifically you
might try the new 3D map from www.mountmaps.com - it's £3.50 incl p+p so
have a word with Santa.

I had a look at the site and the (small) jpeg of the 3V map just looked like
an ordinary map badly folded in 3 with an inconvenient extra bit tacked on
one end.
I would be interested to hear more from anyone who's actually got one.

A cool idea would probably be a dynamic, 3d thing for a palmtop or mobile
phone. I find that most of the time I am only looking at a small area of the
map and scrolling around on a small screen would work fine.

Old November 15th 04, 09:14 AM
Nick Hounsome

I lost the original post but there is actually a much better option than
plain old PDFs on the meribel
web site:
http://www.meribel.net/img/plans/meribel.swf
A lot of places do these interactive things now so you should always try the
resort site.
I think they are especially useful for beginners because you can just show
all the green runs say without the extra stuff that a beginner isn't
interested in.

Nick

Old November 16th 04, 08:27 AM
Paul Schofield

"Nick Hounsome" wrote in message
k...

[...]

I know what you mean, I'd also like to hear from someone who's got a 3D map.
I can't imagine it would be that useful on the pistes, but the OP was
intending to plan his skiing in advance so it would be quite useful for
that.

--
Paul Schofield

Time flies like an arrow