The Spirit

Old March 24th 06, 03:11 AM

Default The Spirit

It's that time of year when people play in the sun and snow:
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1772747.html

Ed Huesers
Http://www.grandshelters.com
Old March 24th 06, 05:08 PM

In article ,
Ed Huesers wrote:
It's that time of year when people play in the sun and snow:

Winter bias.
I want to get the rope out and using it on sun and rocks.

;^)

Old March 28th 06, 01:34 AM

Ed Huesers wrote:
It's that time of year when people play in the sun and snow:
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1772747.html

Ed Huesers
Http://www.grandshelters.com

Ed,

You should plan a reunion of all the owners of your cool igloo machine
and shatter the record! I'd make a trip to see that!

Derek
Old March 28th 06, 09:41 PM

In article ,
Derek Palmer wrote:
and shatter the record! I'd make a trip to see that!

Having met Ed outside ski season, I would say, and I know others who
would also assert this, that Ed is interesting enough to meet w/ or w/o
his machine. He just lucked out the day we were going to go climbing
with snow falling (but I did go climbing with George Bell before the snow).
Why he even gets postcards.

Old March 29th 06, 02:59 AM

Derek Palmer wrote:
You should plan a reunion of all the owners of your cool igloo machine
and shatter the record! I'd make a trip to see that!

Heh, don't think the thought didn't cross my mind.
Lots of logistics.
Location would be the hardest to resolve. Reliable snow, enough tool
owners near by that would be willing to participate and permission to
use the land for the event.
Most public lands require a special use permit that entails an
environmental impact study.
It would be a beauty though.

Ed Huesers
Http://www.grandshelters.com
Old March 29th 06, 04:27 PM

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:59:02 -0700, Ed Huesers wrote:

Ed Huesers wrote:

...and permission to use the land for the event.
Most public lands require a special use permit that entails an
environmental impact study.

Maybe that's why the Swedes(?) in the AnaNova story built their city on a
frozen lake. It's not public _land_.
--
Chick Tower

For e-mail: rbc . sent . towerboy AT xoxy . net

Old March 31st 06, 03:31 AM

Eugene Miya wrote:
Having met Ed outside ski season

I keep inviting you for the snow season but it's your schedule.
Looks like it'll have to be Muir's land for me someday.

I would say, and I know others who
would also assert this, that Ed is interesting enough to meet w/ or w/o
his machine.

Marginal, I've got my stories. Thanks though.

He just lucked out the day we were going to go climbing
with snow falling (but I did go climbing with George Bell before the snow).

The timing belt... I was within 6 miles of you.

Why he even gets postcards.

What the hey is with this last one? Says "CIAO!!!", "SALUT LES
AMIS!", and "HALLO FREUNDE!!!" and the picture is a polar bear wearing
skis with matching poles and hat... Eegads, the color... Sure, the skis
are close to the color of my buds old Ramer skis but matching poles and
hat... Sheesh, I doubt it's any cousin of mine.

Ed Huesers
Http://www.grandshelters.com