going to wolf creek: suggestions?

Old January 10th 06, 08:28 PM

Default going to wolf creek: suggestions?

Anyone been to Wolf Creek, CO and if you have, what is there to do, what
runs are good, any suggestions would be great. Please let me know. I'm
going this weekend!

Old January 10th 06, 10:30 PM

Bruce Chang wrote:
Anyone been to Wolf Creek, CO and if you have, what is there to do, what
runs are good, any suggestions would be great. Please let me know. I'm
going this weekend!

Wolf Creek is in pretty bad shape right now. Any other area in
Colorado would be a better choice.

The best runs are in the waterfall area but with a 31" base I'd bring
my rock board.

snoig

Old January 11th 06, 12:54 AM

Is this Bruce Chang from Houston- Sugarland, TEXAS?

om...

Old January 11th 06, 05:47 AM

"Howlee" wrote in message
Is this Bruce Chang from Houston- Sugarland, TEXAS?

"Bruce Chang" wrote in message
om...
Anyone been to Wolf Creek, CO and if you have, what is there to do, what
runs are good, any suggestions would be great. Please let me know. I'm
going this weekend!

No, he's an imposter. I'm from Dallas, TEXAS. (yes, it's spelled with all
caps). =o)

Old January 11th 06, 08:11 PM

"Bruce Chang" wrote in message
. com...

"Howlee" wrote in message
Is this Bruce Chang from Houston- Sugarland, TEXAS?

"Bruce Chang" wrote in message
om...
Anyone been to Wolf Creek, CO and if you have, what is there to do, what
runs are good, any suggestions would be great. Please let me know. I'm
going this weekend!

No, he's an imposter. I'm from Dallas, TEXAS. (yes, it's spelled with all
caps). =o)

Thats too bad. About ten years ago, this guy went off a jump on a pair of
ski because of a dare and landed on his head. Almost broke his neck. He was
buried upside down in the snow and some folks had to dig him out. Its like
something you see in cartoon. I thought you were him.

Old January 11th 06, 10:59 PM

"Howlee" wrote in message
Is this Bruce Chang from Houston- Sugarland, TEXAS?

"Bruce Chang" wrote in message
om...
Anyone been to Wolf Creek, CO and if you have, what is there to do,
what runs are good, any suggestions would be great. Please let me
know. I'm going this weekend!

No, he's an imposter. I'm from Dallas, TEXAS. (yes, it's spelled with
all caps). =o)

Thats too bad. About ten years ago, this guy went off a jump on a pair of
ski because of a dare and landed on his head. Almost broke his neck. He
was buried upside down in the snow and some folks had to dig him out. Its
like something you see in cartoon. I thought you were him.

Well, apparently the name causes people to end up upside down in the snow.
I had just learned to snowboard and got a little out of control, got myself
into a toeside sideslip and tried to slow down and couldn't slow down fast
enough, hit the snow embankment on the side of the run and instead of
digging into the powder embankment like I thought I would, I jumped the
packed/ice embankment and ended up hitting the side of my ribcage against a
tree and ended up upside down with my board caught in a tree, the wind
knocked out of me and my goggles and beanie about 15 feet away. When I got
my breath back, I couldn't get right side up so I pulled the release for one
of my boots and was still stuck upside down and then pulled the other and my
board got free and decided to go down the mountain. Long story short, I
managed to find my board and made it down without much else except a big
bruise to my ribcage and my ego.

-Bruce

Old January 25th 06, 05:22 PM

"Bruce Chang" wrote in message
om...
Anyone been to Wolf Creek, CO and if you have, what is there to do, what
runs are good, any suggestions would be great. Please let me know. I'm
going this weekend!

Well, it turns out Wolf Creek was a really nice resort despite the base only
being something around 30". The runs were actually much harder than the
comparably rated runs at other resorts. If you've been to breckenridge, you
know the greens are flat. No seriously, completely flat at the bottom. The
greens here were sloped enough that I didn't really have to push myself too
much while riding them (my girlfriend will only do greens right now. still
trying to build up her confidence but she ventured into the trees with me
and liked it!). The blues were fast and really fun and going through the
trees was a blast on the blues/blacks.

The first day the trails were groomed and riding was okay. I stayed on the
greens with my girlfriend so I didn't get a lot of time to venture away.
Second day it snowed 4 inches or so and I managed to agree to teach a friend
how to snowboard. That was the coldest day of my life. The afternoon I got
away and went through the trees with my other friends and got sunk in the
powder more than once. Had to ride my board like a sled at one point cause
I couldn't get over the snow otherwise.

Third day, everything was groomed again and the the powder had packed down a
little making it easy to ride in the trees. The trails were a little choppy
underneath the grooming so I stayed in the ungroomed sides of the trails as
much as I could. It's really awesome to be riding and not hear anything
(meaning not hearing the snow/ice underneath your board.).

All in all, I'd go back to Wolf Creek in these conditions, much more if
there was more snow. I caught a couple rocks and there are tree stumps
sticking up in places but all in all, it was a great resort despite the
below average snow.