Does such a map exist?

Old June 29th 05, 12:59 PM
Sarah Eggleston

Adrian Tupper wrote:
"James Hart" wrote in news:3hfm29FgroagU1
@individual.net:

MoonMan wrote:

Adrian Tupper wrote:

"MoonMan" wrote in
news:d8rg46$ott$1 :

Adrian Tupper wrote:

Has anyone come across a map, preferably online, showing locations
of all the European ski resorts? Even country maps for the Alps
would be helpful.

The best I've seen so far is www.bergfex.de, www.bergfex.at etc.
These are good for clicking on dots to find more info but not so
easy to see how you get to each resort.

You can use Microsoft Autoroute just tell it to show Ski resorts.

Chris *:-)

My copy only shows the UK. And I know where those resorts are! How
good is the European version? Does it show all resorts?

It seems to show a lot, but I don't know about all. The current
version (and the previous one both show the whole of Europe rather
than just the UK. but it Doesnt list Dry slopes like the old one used
to.

Surely there must be a snowsports website out there somewhere that's
collated an importable file with all the useful stuff on it. I know

the

PDA/GPS scene has loads of such files for everything from pubs through
garages to speed cameras.

If there is I have yet to find it.

General road maps aren't a problem - http://www.multimap.com would be my
first start - you can zoom in and browse by country.

You can also generate route maps by using the various countries' AA/RAC
equivalent websites. For example here's a Michelin link for France:
http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichel.../ItiWGHomePage

Or you could try the RAC/AA, I think their route planners may cover
continental Europe.

If you want a summary overview of the area with relative positions of
ski resorts, I don't know of an online resource but the Good Ski &
Snowboard Guide and also quite a few tour operator brochures have useful
sketch maps which include resorts and major airports.

-Sarah
Old June 29th 05, 09:33 PM
Adrian Tupper

Sarah Eggleston wrote in news:42c29961_4
@news3.prserv.net:

Adrian Tupper wrote:
"James Hart" wrote in news:3hfm29FgroagU1
@individual.net:

MoonMan wrote:

Adrian Tupper wrote:

"MoonMan" wrote in
news:d8rg46$ott$1 :

http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichel...r/ItiWGHomePag

Or you could try the RAC/AA, I think their route planners may cover
continental Europe.

If you want a summary overview of the area with relative positions of
ski resorts, I don't know of an online resource but the Good Ski &
Snowboard Guide and also quite a few tour operator brochures have

useful
sketch maps which include resorts and major airports.

-Sarah

Thanks Sarah. Someone already suggested ADAC and I should have
extrapolated that to other motoring sites so thanks for that.

The trouble with tour brochures is that you only see a small number of
resorts. When I look at Bergfex it shows hundreds. Impressive though
that site may be, it's a nuisence navigating between it, its resort
pages and a map site like multimap.

--
Adrian
Old August 22nd 05, 04:06 PM