ETAP Hotels

Old September 8th 10, 10:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

Default ETAP Hotels

I'm thinking of staying there on a drive back to the UK later this year.

Anyone know if/how you can get into your room if you arrive after
reception closes. Is there a credit card reader or something at the
entrance ??

TIA
Old September 8th 10, 10:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 12:29:16 +0200, BrritSki
wrote:

I'm thinking of staying there on a drive back to the UK later this year.

Anyone know if/how you can get into your room if you arrive after
reception closes. Is there a credit card reader or something at the
entrance ??

Not sure about ETAP-labelled ones, but Formule1 and the like have an
unmanned service - CC in slot, key-card out. But ETAP are definitely
24/7, whether manned or not, so you'll be fine.

AAMOI why ETAP? And where, for that matter? One of my favourite stops
en-route UK-Alps or back was a Kyriad, right in the middle of the old
town in Annecy. It can be a pain to get into town unless you have a
trustworthy GPS or know the roads, but this is built into part of the
old city walls, so just a few metres from dozens of restaurants.

--
Ace
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk/
Old September 8th 10, 11:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

wrote:

I'm thinking of staying there on a drive back to the UK later this year.

Anyone know if/how you can get into your room if you arrive after
reception closes. Is there a credit card reader or something at the
entrance ??

Not sure about ETAP-labelled ones, but Formule1 and the like have an
unmanned service - CC in slot, key-card out. But ETAP are definitely
24/7, whether manned or not, so you'll be fine.

Thanks.

AAMOI why ETAP? And where, for that matter?

It will be somewhere north of Rheims in December, probably Laon.

ETAP is a little more expensive the F1, but the extras such as en-suite
and breakfast and the location near the autoroute make it the best
choice as far as I can see.

If you have other suggestions I'm listening....

Old October 2nd 10, 10:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Mike Mather

wrote:

I'm thinking of staying there on a drive back to the UK later this year.

Anyone know if/how you can get into your room if you arrive after
reception closes. Is there a credit card reader or something at the
entrance ??

Not sure about ETAP-labelled ones, but Formule1 and the like have an
unmanned service - CC in slot, key-card out. But ETAP are definitely
24/7, whether manned or not, so you'll be fine.

Thanks.

AAMOI why ETAP? And where, for that matter?

It will be somewhere north of Rheims in December, probably Laon.

ETAP is a little more expensive the F1, but the extras such as en-suite
and breakfast and the location near the autoroute make it the best choice
as far as I can see.

If you have other suggestions I'm listening....

I've used ETAP on many of my driving trips to Europe. We usually stop around
Beaune on the way down and Reims on the return.
They are usually manned pretty late anyway on weekends but have a credit
card machine reader that issues a key card or code for the rooms. The car
park is also usually controlled access.

Not a bad place to crash for the night. Clean rooms with en-suite and sleep
3 with a bunk over a double. Breakfast is nothing to write home about! They
are usually on retail parks, so like Ace says there is not much in the
choice of restaurants.

Mike

Old October 13th 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_5_]

Default ETAP Hotels - or...

"Mike Mather" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

I tend to use Hotel BB for cheapo stopovers - probably the equivalent of
Première Class, so only a little more than F1 prices, but much more
liveable. They have the automated check-in systems for bank cards, although
if you know where you're aiming for I'd book ahead online to be sure of a
room.

Tend to be reasonably well-located, clean and offer free WIFI. Buffet
breakfast (5.90 euros, IIRC) is reasonable, and good value compared with the
prices generally climbing in most hotels these days.

Bonne Route!
Roger
www.mountainpassions.com

Old October 14th 10, 08:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that Roger - looks much nicer than F1...

Old December 11th 10, 02:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki[_2_]

On 13/10/2010 19:37, Roger Moss wrote:

I tend to use Hotel BB for cheapo stopovers ...
Tend to be reasonably well-located, clean and offer free WIFI.

Thanks again for this tip. I stayed at one last night and it
was just as you said.

I even got there while the receptionist was still on duty
despite driving at the speed limit (according to GPS, not my
speedo which is way low) as I left earlier than expected and
didn't meet any bad weather or need to kip en route.

Cheers Rog
Old December 14th 10, 09:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_6_]

"BrritSki" wrote in message
On 13/10/2010 19:37, Roger Moss wrote:

I tend to use Hotel BB for cheapo stopovers ...
Tend to be reasonably well-located, clean and offer free WIFI.

Thanks again for this tip. I stayed at one last night and it was just as
you said.

I even got there while the receptionist was still on duty despite driving
at the speed limit (according to GPS, not my speedo which is way low) as I
left earlier than expected and didn't meet any bad weather or need to kip
en route.

Cheers Rog

Glad you had a good experience - seems to work for us...

Roger
www.MountainPassions.com - Expert Independent Insight with Altitude