Won't be long now..

Old August 14th 05, 04:59 PM
klaus

Default Won't be long now..

FYI: I had a low of 34.8 degrees Fahrenheit on my deck last night.
Tomatoes don't do well at 8000 feet with a two month growing season.
They're about four inches tall.

ObSkiing: You can make snow at 34.8 degrees. And it's been 3 weeks since
my last ski turns. Lift assisted no less. Two months without skiing? The
horror. May need to make a few turns this week somewhere just to keep
the mojo going.

Got wax?
-klaus

Old August 14th 05, 07:07 PM
VtSkier

klaus wrote:
FYI: I had a low of 34.8 degrees Fahrenheit on my deck last night.
Tomatoes don't do well at 8000 feet with a two month growing season.
They're about four inches tall.

ObSkiing: You can make snow at 34.8 degrees. And it's been 3 weeks since
my last ski turns. Lift assisted no less. Two months without skiing? The
horror. May need to make a few turns this week somewhere just to keep
the mojo going.

Got wax?
-klaus

Check.
My copy of "Powder" came yesterday.

Old August 14th 05, 07:20 PM
bdubya

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:59:52 -0400, klaus wrote:

FYI: I had a low of 34.8 degrees Fahrenheit on my deck last night.
Tomatoes don't do well at 8000 feet with a two month growing season.
They're about four inches tall.

The first plant that popped up in our tomato barrel this April is now
over eight feet tall. If only it were a tomato plant instead of a
giant ragweed....

bw

Old August 15th 05, 03:23 PM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:59:52 -0400, klaus wrote:

FYI: I had a low of 34.8 degrees Fahrenheit on my deck last night.

Interesting, because up at Brighton (8750 ft), I see that the recorded
low from last night (41 degrees f) occurred at 7:00 AM:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/get...e=1&banner=off

I guess the colder air is dropping down the canyon, at this point
anyway.

Yup. My house sits in a little sink that is routinely a few degrees
cooler than even Solitude. I thought it was my thermometers at first,
but they all read the same, including a photo thermometer I used to use
to develop pictures. I could tell from the prayer flags that there was a
slight downcanyon airflow. The same thing happens in winter under high
pressure.

-klaus

Old August 15th 05, 07:15 PM
Sam Seiber

klaus wrote:
ObSkiing: You can make snow at 34.8 degrees. And it's been 3 weeks since

^ ^^^^^
my last ski turns. Lift assisted no less. Two months without skiing? The

horror. May need to make a few turns this week somewhere just to keep
the mojo going.

Klaus, I think you have earned a "bite me". My last turns were on June
5, the Basins closing day.

My Beloved should be open in just a touch under 10 weeks. Yippie,
single digit wait times (measured in weeks).

Sam "At least this last weekend wasn't so damn hot in Denver" Seiber