A glorious day on the slopes

Old December 19th 04, 11:18 PM
Walt

Default A glorious day on the slopes

I'd just like to point out that while the rest of you were wasting
your time conversing about irrelevant things, I was out getting turns.

A Beautiful day - a high of 6 degrees farenheit with 30 mph winds and
a snow surface harder than Chinese Algebra. No lift lines, empty
slopes. My kinda day.

P.S. Those five stars really grip...

--
// Walt
//

Old December 20th 04, 12:34 AM
Mary Malmros

Walt wrote:

I'd just like to point out that while the rest of you were wasting your
time conversing about irrelevant things, I was out getting turns.

Hey, I got some too!

More tomorrow too, so there. For now, a nice Swiss fondue and a long
winter's nap.

Snow and cheese and beer,

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old December 20th 04, 02:25 AM
Jack Nixon

Walt wrote:

I'd just like to point out that while the rest of you were wasting
your time conversing about irrelevant things, I was out getting turns.

A Beautiful day - a high of 6 degrees farenheit with 30 mph winds and
a snow surface harder than Chinese Algebra. No lift lines, empty
slopes. My kinda day.

P.S. Those five stars really grip...

Meanwhile at CB we were warmer and the wind wasn't blowing. A new (to me)
grooming attachment called a strawberry tiller converts that hard surface
to large strawberry shaped softer bits which ski really well. I had the
runs off Twister Lift to myself for non-stops on well set up real snow.
International is open top to bottom and had the strawberry finish today. A
good day to be skiing Crested Butte.

Jack

--
// Walt
//

Old December 20th 04, 02:26 AM
Wayne Decker

Walt--where are you?
It was a glorious day. Here in the eastern Sierra it hung around the lower
40s, Bright and sunny "blubird" day. No wind. Heavy use at Mammoth but no
lines on June Mt. Expecting more of the same tomorrow.

--
I ski, therefore I am

Old December 20th 04, 04:28 AM
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:
harder than Chinese Algebra.

You thinking of The Chinese Remainder Theorm?

Conditions still firm from the rain on fresh we had more'n a week ago,
followed by no perceptable freeze/thaw cycling i.e. all freeze, so no
softening from weathering, and no softening from sun due to low sun
angle and cold air, which means conditions we better than anything
else one could be doing...
Old December 20th 04, 05:40 AM
yunlong

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:
harder than Chinese Algebra.

You thinking of The Chinese Remainder Theorm?

Conditions still firm from the rain on fresh we had more'n a week

ago,
followed by no perceptable freeze/thaw cycling i.e. all freeze, so no

softening from weathering, and no softening from sun due to low sun
angle and cold air, which means conditions we better than anything

else one could be doing...

Absolutely...

Flatboarding the berms, no ice,
IS

Old December 23rd 04, 06:21 PM
Marty

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:18:13 -0500, Walt
wrote:

I was out getting turns.

Sounds like fun.

So far, my day has consisted of several DVD's to include a Sheryl Crow
concert.

How's the shoulder doing? My 9 yo daughter was thrown, dragged, and finally
stepped on by the horse that she was riding last Thursday night. The force
of the hoof coming down on her armpit split the skin from the front of her
right shoulder to just under the inside of her arm. No broken bones, no
ligament damage, and only minor muscle damage. It was horrible looking - I
could see inside her arm pit area - all the muscle and flesh. She'll miss
most of the race season - maybe all. I can't wait to get her back on skis.
She's coming along really well. She's not on any pain killers anymore. We
feel very blessed this Christmas season as it could have been a lot worse.
Like you, she has been watching a lot of movies.
--
Marty

Old December 23rd 04, 06:23 PM
VtSkier

wrote:

[...]

eeeuw
My sincere condolences for:
her injury
her loss of a (most) ski racing season.
VtSkier
Old December 30th 04, 10:54 PM
CoSkier CoSkier is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt
I'd just like to point out that while the rest of you were wasting
your time conversing about irrelevant things, I was out getting turns.

A Beautiful day - a high of 6 degrees farenheit with 30 mph winds and
a snow surface harder than Chinese Algebra. No lift lines, empty
slopes. My kinda day.

P.S. Those five stars really grip...

--
// Walt
//
// There is no Volkl Conspiracy
Bite me. I haven't even been up yet this year. Taking the kids to Copper on Monday though, using the coupons we got from the Warren Miller film. Should be pretty much a ghost town on Monday...
Chester

I am not a member of the Volkl Conpiracy that doesn't exist.