Okemo?

Old December 19th 03, 04:52 PM
Robert

Default Okemo?

Going to Okemo for the first time in March. Comments on the hill,
accomodations, dining in the area?
Old December 20th 03, 11:15 AM
John

Robert wrote in message . ..
Going to Okemo for the first time in March. Comments on the hill,
accomodations, dining in the area?

Hmm, personally I hate Okemo so I might not be the best person to ask,
but I have probably skiied there about 20 days in my life. The place
is really crowded (March might not be a problem though), it is
especially bad in the morning because you must wait on line for one of
two quads that takes you no where. Generally, the mountain has good
snow making and a fast lifts, but it also has no difficulty and lift
lines. I will admit, however, that if the mountain is not crowded
then there are a lot of good blue cruising runs. I have no skiied
this new Jackson Gore area so I can't comment on that for you. If it
is crowded eat and ski at the solitude area. It is less crowded. In
terms of accomadations, I can't think of anything so spectacular. It
all seemed pretty standard to me. Ok hotel or Condo. You can pay for
ski on ski off if you like. In terms of dining, I think that Nicky's
is fairly good. It is on the main strip in Ludlow. If you want to
drive then go 40 minutes up the road to killington and go to the
wobbly barn. They have really good steaks, and if you aren;t with
the family then go to the nightclub afterwards. The lines at the
restaurant would only be as long as they are if it was as good as it
is. If you really feel like spending money then you could go to
Hemingways, which is about half way between Killington and Okemo.
Hemingways is often considered one of the best restaurants in America
so you would need reservations.