Annoying Things #101

Old March 3rd 04, 04:49 PM
Simon Brown

Default Annoying Things #101

Women talking in loud grating voices in a small gondola about nothing at all
(Arena Express - Nagens if you must know).

oops
I am sure all ladies reading this ng do not partake in the above very cruel
activity, indeed it is always a pleasure to meet you.
/oops

Apart from that non-stop skiing on terrific piste from 08:30 to 15:30 with a
30 minute pause for grub. Sun shining all the time but still a nasty cold
wind up on the high bits.

Can't get enough of my Nordica grand-slalom (or whatever) skis.

Today was a real 9 out of 10 day for Laax.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old March 3rd 04, 04:49 PM
Simon Brown

BTW I am a grumpy aging bachelor (surprised?).
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old March 3rd 04, 05:46 PM
Ian Spare

Simon Brown wrote:
Women talking in loud grating voices in a small gondola about nothing at all
(Arena Express - Nagens if you must know).

For amusing things.... the other day I was skiing down the side of the
"Jam Park" into Morillon behind some guy, he was skiing like a punter
all over the track in a fast snow plow and difficult to pass but I
wasn't really in any hurry so didn't care. I happened to stop near him
and it turns out we were both waiting for the rest of our parties to
catch up. When his friends caught up with he was full of the big airs he
took in the jam park when he'd really been snow plowing on the ground,
presumably by the evening he'd embellished it to include somersaults as
well :-)

Ian
Old March 6th 04, 06:41 PM
funkraum

"Simon Brown" wrote:

Women talking in loud grating voices in a small gondola about nothing at all
(Arena Express - Nagens if you must know).

It is called "distaff" - "womens' business" - of no interest to
other species.

oops
I am sure all ladies reading this ng do not partake in the above very cruel
activity, indeed it is always a pleasure to meet you.
/oops

You need to get out more ! Take an RnR weekend in Budapest, Prague or
somewhere.

Apart from that non-stop skiing on terrific piste from 08:30 to 15:30 with a
30 minute pause for grub. Sun shining all the time but still a nasty cold
wind up on the high bits.

Can't get enough of my Nordica grand-slalom (or whatever) skis.

Today was a real 9 out of 10 day for Laax.

Sinatra had it right. Broads have their place but being a boat-anchor
when one is going skiing is not one of them.