The Great Race

Old February 19th 06, 03:58 PM

Default The Great Race

If you did not catch it yesterday afternoon NBC did a special on the
1994 relay between Italy and Norway. I thought it was exceptionally
well done. The show can be downloaded to your computer (if you are
running windows 2000 or higher, it would not work on my Mac) by going
to video.google.com and searching for NBC, then search for the The
Great Race. I just did this and it was pretty easy and costs all of
$1.99.

Lots of skiing action and some interesting interviews with Dahle,
Alsgaard, DeZolt and Faulner (sp?). Some very emotional segments about
Ulvang and the tragic search for his brother.

The perfect video to have on your laptop to help you get through boring
meetings on a hot summer day

Old February 19th 06, 07:37 PM

nbcolympics.com has the last 3 minutes of the 2004 olympic 4x10km relay with
Alsgaard vs Zorzi

That has to be one of the most awe inspiring sprints ever by alsgaard. He's
8 meters back and easily catches and passes zorzi. wow.

My favorite part though is the look Alsgaard gives him after the finish
line - the look followed by the head shake and smile.

No words needed - the look and the head shake simply say "Take that Zorzi."

But today, in the relay, Zorzi had his revenge. He got his well-deserved
Gold. congrats Italia.

JK

Old February 19th 06, 09:22 PM

32 degrees wrote:
nbcolympics.com has the last 3 minutes of the 2004 olympic 4x10km relay with
Alsgaard vs Zorzi

That has to be one of the most awe inspiring sprints ever by alsgaard. He's
8 meters back and easily catches and passes zorzi. wow.

My favorite part though is the look Alsgaard gives him after the finish
line - the look followed by the head shake and smile.

No words needed - the look and the head shake simply say "Take that Zorzi."

They just had an "Olympic Moments" little video on NRK where Thomas
gave commentary on a bunch of clips of him doing what he does best.
They showed the whole finish from where they both nearly stopped
before the descent where neither of them would go first. The
interviewer asked Thomas what they said to each other, and Thomas
replied he said something not nice in Norwegian, and Zorzi answered in
Italian with presumably the same thing! That sprint has been shown on
Norwegian TV more times than any XC clip I've ever seen. I never get
tired of watching it.

But today, in the relay, Zorzi had his revenge. He got his well-deserved
Gold. congrats Italia.

JK

Forza Italia!

Joseph

Old February 20th 06, 03:52 AM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
If you did not catch it yesterday afternoon NBC did a special on the
1994 relay between Italy and Norway. I thought it was exceptionally
well done. The show can be downloaded to your computer (if you are
running windows 2000 or higher, it would not work on my Mac) by going
to video.google.com and searching for NBC, then search for the The
Great Race. I just did this and it was pretty easy and costs all of
$1.99.

Lots of skiing action and some interesting interviews with Dahle,
Alsgaard, DeZolt and Faulner (sp?). Some very emotional segments about
Ulvang and the tragic search for his brother.

The perfect video to have on your laptop to help you get through boring
meetings on a hot summer day
I missed the first 10 minutes for this and thought it was extremely well done. But the problem is is that I live in Canada and when I tried to download it, the page said "We're sorry, but this video is not available in your country." I would really like a copy of this documentary and if anyone happens to download it, can they please make a torrent of it please? Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
Adam
Smither, BC
Old February 20th 06, 08:46 AM

Alsgaard was irritated that italy never wants to do it's share of
pulling in a relay. and in turns that don't hesitate go "give a
shoulder". This was repeated on NRK yesterday by commentators. The
first thing Alsgaard said to camera after winning relay in Salt Lake
2002 was "The italians race like idiots!"

Aarh, Norway will get it the nest time, when Petter Nothug is on the
team. Pietro Piller Cottrer was pleased that Petter was not
participating in this olympics. He won the Norwegian championship 15+15
pursuitquite well ahead of all Estil, Aukland and the rest. Still no
olympic ticket for him :-(
Enjoy the gold until next time Italy :-)

Old February 20th 06, 11:58 PM

Craig Storey wrote:

Caught a few minutes of this, quite amusing commentary. Who narrated
this?

Sam Waterston, the actor from one of those cop/DA programs that make
Americans feel good about themselves. Thought they could have found a
better story teller, but he is under contract to NBC.

Gene
Old February 27th 06, 12:42 PM

Ooops...I just tried to play this with no luck....maybe that is why it
is only 1.99.

Sorry

John OC

I complained to google, got the usual 'sorry you are concerned -
disconnect your firewall and antivirus' reply (yeah, right), sent it up
the ladder and over the weekend got the following:

Thank you for your reply. We apologize for any frustration. We are
pleased to inform you that we have a new
and improved Google Video Player. We have included instructions on
how to uninstall the old version below. Once you have uninstalled
version 1.0.0.34
from your computer, please install the new version, Google Video
Player 1.0.1.0.

To uninstall the Google Video Player, please go to "Start" "Control
Panels" "Add or Remove Programs" "Google Video Player" "Remove."

Once you've uninstalled the Google Video player, please download the
new version. For your convenience, we have included a link to
download the Player below:

http://video.google.com/playerdownload.html

Then, please try viewing your purchased video once more. First,
locate the .gvi file on your computer: typically the file is saved in
"My Documents"
"My Videos" "Google Videos." Once you have located the file,
please

delete it and follow the steps below to access the updated file.

1. Visit http://video.google.com.
2. Click 'Sign in' at the top of the page.
3. Sign in with your email and password.
4. Click 'Purchased videos' at the top of the page.

On this page, you can view a list of your purchased videos and their
receipts. You can also play your videos from this page.

To play a video from this page:
1. Click the title of your video. (The video's playback page will
confirm that you've already purchased the video.)
2. Click 'Download.'
3. If prompted, select the option to open the video using the Google
Video Player. Otherwise, the video will start playing automatically.

If this problem persists, please respond to this email and we will be
happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

The Google Video Team